“Great Place To Eat”

Ranked #1 of 1,193 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Southern Style Smoke BBQ with a Caribbean twist. Right in the heart of the historic Santurce neighborhood in plain view of the famous 100 year old Farmer's Market "La Placita". Just minutes away from Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde. Come and join us for some great Caribbean - Tennessee BBQ along with some great blues music in a great environment and overall great area to walk around and explore afterwards. We also have a Southern Brunch on Saturday's and Sunday's.
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I'm originally from Chicago and I've lived here for 5 months. This food tastes like home! I had Mac & cheese, porkbelly bacon tacos and coffee baked beans. IT WAS ALL GREAT! The location is cool because it's in one of the most exciting weekend spots in the city! I'll definitely be bringing my friends next time.

1  Thank Jon G

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

On not a very good day I was alone to have lunch. I didn't know what to order and my server, Armando suggested I try the Pulled pork stuffed avocado. I tried it and liked it very much. They also have natural juices and I had parcha. The food was very good and service was so helpful and nice I left in a good mood.
This was my first visit but I will be back with my family and ask to be served by Armando.

1  Thank Mary Dolly Z
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Although I'm a local and frequent visitor of "La Placita", this was the first time I was able to taste the food, specially the ribs and the drinks of SJ Smokehouse. Excellent food, Madras and the special treatment of Armando!!! Keep up the good food, service and atmosphere!!!

1  Thank JOSE LUIS R
SanJuanSmokehouse, Owner at San Juan Smokehouse - a Tennessee & Caribbean BBQ Joint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

I'm glad you like everything. Thanks for the visit and for the great feedback. Hope seeing you again. Cheers!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great and we had very attentive service. They created a dish that had exactly what I wanted. Armando was super!! The biscuits are awesome.

1  Thank markyclarky
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Great service! Delicious food! Great drinks! If you are in la Placita de Santurce you have to eat here