“Puerto Rican & Steak”
Review of Cayo Blanco

Cayo Blanco
Ranked #83 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$10 - US$49
Description: Cayo Blanco Restaurant in the heart of Condado in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Serve local caribbean seafood and steaks. Great Cocktails and attractive ambience.
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

I ordered a couple of mojitos. They were very well prepared and delicious all the way to the end. We ordered Scallops as a appetizer. The flavor was good perfectly cooked and the sauce was fantastic. We ordered bread and they did have it. It would have been great to have it with the left over scallop sauce. However, Ferdinand, the bartender came over and said that he will have something else instead of bread. He brought plantains with a warm scallops sauce. The taste of plantains dipped in the sauce was music to my palate.
For the main course we order filet de mignon and risotto de mare. Again, words can't describe the great taste. The chef sent some sweet plantains to top it all. A glass of Pinot Grigio and we are completely satisfied. Our taste buds had a feast. Wait, wait, we decided to try their signature dessert which is Caramel Tres Leches. WOW!!!
The service, from Ferdinand, the bartender, Angel, the server, Carlos and Eduardo, and the chefs were fantastic. The lady that that lure us in was friendly as well.
To sum it up, this is a concierge restaurant.
I highly recommend you give them a try. We did, it is the BEST restaurant in the last 10 days in this beautiful island.

1  Thank JAV_2008724

Reviewed 19 September 2015

We ate here and the food was great. The restaurant ran out of lobster bisque soup and the chef came out to our table and prepared an alternative lobster soup at our request. My girlfriend, Tania and I enjoyed our lobster dinners, my husband enjoyed his shrimp mofungo and Christopher enjoyed his skirt steak and lobster dinner. Definitely check them out. Hats off to the chef.

2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I will go back again and again!! Modern, intimate, clean and absolutely delicious. Same owner of local popular pub Waiters has stepped up to the plate and created a diverse seafood menu that is certain to please the local and tourists alike. I am a ceviche lover and this appetizer was a great way to open my dinner--fresh made with local catch of the day. Our server knew the menu well and recommended the surf and turf to please both sides of my palette--nice choice, generous portion, stylish presentation. We had sangria and mojitos followed by a rich Rioja. Leave room for dessert and espresso made with Puerto Rican coffee. Steps from most Condado hotels and short ride from Isla Verde and San Juan hotels as well--do not miss this bright new local spot!

1  Thank Francesca A P
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Loved the Paella for one, full of seafood and cooked to perfection. My friend had the Alaskan Salmon and told me it was the first time he saw it done in that faction, he loved it. The tropical sangria are great.

1  Thank Camila P
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Ate here last Thursday (9/3) for dinner and it was fantastic! It's a small space, but the ambiance is great (including the salsa music), and the food and drinks will wow you. We had the crab cake and lobster empanadas for appetizers. Highly recommend. For dinner, I had the lobster stew. There are no words to describe how good it was! It's an asopao (soupy rice) with huge chunks of lobster. I couldn't finish it and had to carry the leftovers home. My mom had the paella, which is so fresh the menu advises that you'll have to wait about 35 minutes for it to be prepared. We were too full for dessert and coffee afterwards, but I'm sure it was as delicious as dinner and appetizers. A little pricey, but totally worth it!

1  Thank Khiera K