“Great coffee”

Herencia Kitchen & Espresso Bar
Ranked #8 of 25 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was staying at Hotel Miramar and Café Herencia is located right next door (lobby entrance from Hotel and separate street entrance). Herencia is also the name of one of my favorite films, so I was hopeful from the start. As a coffee lover visiting PR for the first time, I was on a quest to find the best coffee in a place famous for its quality of coffee. Before coming to San Juan, I found several lists of the "best cafés" on the internet and over three days, I tried them all. I was surprised to find that my favorite coffee was none other than the one I had in this quaint café next to my hotel: a latte de vainilla at Herencia!!! All of the baristas were very nice and always greeted me enthusiastically. But what kept me coming back was a great vanilla latte! I stopped in once in the morning and once in the afternoon during the three days I was in San Juan, and whether I got it to go, or to drink there, those vanilla lattes were fabulous!!! If I ever go to San Juan again, I will make a point to visit Herencia every day I am there!!! Thank you very much for your delicious coffee! Muchísimas gracias por su café tan rico! ~Lisa

1  Thank AlphaDogg

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Always looking for new breakfast experiences, ran into Herencia in the heart of Miramar's restaurant district. Small, quaint, and intimate the food is good and plenty. The service is superb and and very affordable. It is a small hotel but the clientele is mixed from guests and locals. Excellent!

2  Thank Pedro T
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my best friend on December 24th and we had a great time! The food was great and delicious ! Yamil and Angel (the owners ) are very friendly and always willing to provide the best customers service!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

The Herencia Café and Expresso Bar is a small Café style restaurant, with both an Expresso Bar and small drinks bar, all located within the Hotel Miramar Building. Newly owned by the Manager, Jamil Pomales and Chef Angel Del Valle, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. The food was outstanding, from the Fish Tacos, which were very fresh and delicious, to the Herencia Burger, which was outstanding. Both Mr. Pomales and Mr. Del Valle have done a great job in turning a small Café into an excellent restaurant that is sure to satisfy all of its customers.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Espresso Bar Concept also featuring traditional Puerto Rican recipes that encompass the Spanish,American,European and Caribbean cultural mix of the island to complement the offering of 100% Premium Puerto Rican Coffee.