Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$124
US$124
US$143
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$143
Orbitz.comUS$124
eDreamsUS$143
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

Parking was not easily accesible , especially for elderly or handicap people. The “clean”shower had dry hair on drain. The bulb on the balcony was not working. The soap dispenser on the lobby was broken and soap was left on counter. Parking pass was not given at checking until we asked for it (if not, guest would have to pay every time you go out). Room had a small coffee maker, but you have to call operator to get coffee.

Room tip: Don’t get the buffet breakfast, there is a Ricomini bakery less than a mile from hotel and food is excellent.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2021

The Hotel is not a kid friendly place you can't take anything to consume at the pool which is ridiculous....offer is two adults and two kids but kids buffet is not covered, which I paid 7 dollars for my child to consume literally a bowl of cereal . Spent one hour back an forth because first the toilet was broken and then 3 times to change code of door, and room that I ended up with fridge didn't work. Front desk worker was rude as if we we're an inconvenience. Only good thing was breakfast personnel was really nice

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2021

My wife and I wanted a small getaway for a night somewhere on the west coast of PR. We had been staying in Humacao with family for the major duration of our stay and had plans to go snorkeling in near by Black Hawk Beach. (We booked with Great Escape Puerto Rico with Kristi and Josh, Highly Recommended ) Figuring we would be at the beach all day my wife booked a basic room, so that we could go to the spa next day and splurge on amenities. Upon arriving we were issued a surcharge for 2 adults. My wife booked the room for 1 adult in haste for just getting something. But we had a rooms with 2 beds anyways....

Upon arriving to the room, the lights didn't work, so we turned on the bathroom lights, and explored the bathroom first. There was no soap to be found anywhere in the room. Shampoo, Conditioner, and mouthwash were the only amenities available in the bathroom. We were eager to wash off the salt and the sand from our snorkeling trip and perhaps soak in the tub before doing anything else but pulling back the old curtains revealed a dirty scummy tub that we felt kinda worse coming out than we did going in. Turning on the water released a horribly irritating squeal as the shower head sputtered everywhere and leaked profusely when we tried to turn it off.

Finally "clean" I tried to do as any 21st century man would do after a long day of fried food and swimming. Grabbing my ipad in hand I take a seat upon the throne of the small hotel bathroom and try to connect to the internet. One connection pops up which 'must' be the hotels wifi, the paper the gave me at the front desk said so. "Connection Failed" i try once again, "Connection failed." my business has yet to begin so I walk out of the bathroom and try a third time. "Connection failed". I frantically wave the ipad in the air to try and pick up stray wifi particles. Finally "Weak connection" I hope after I put in the password it'll get better.... I load up google, load up facebook. its slow but it works.... until i return to the bathroom. I make the decision my bowels are a bit more important than my news feed. After quickly finishing the reading material in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash ingredients) I finish my business and return to the room.

During my solitude my wife had been searching the room for extra bed sheets or a blanket. Which the room seems to be also lacking in; thankfully we had a second bed to savage extra sheets from. Just before turning in for the night, I was awfully thirsty and due to medications I'm on I dont drink alcohol. But a fine bottle of Dasani would the prefect chaser for ibuprofens and some Claritin. So confidently I leave my room and begin my search. We were in room 402 that night, so down the first hotel hallway, the only signage being the rooms numbers and a few exits signs (shoulda listened) nothing. Try my luck on the floor above....... nothing.... I backtrack my way to the lobby and find the front desk barren. Next to it a small gift shop, closed off but with the soft glow of a fridge inside has the refreshments needed. And next to the gift shop finally a Vending Machine; filled up face masks, shields, and hand sanitizers. Guess they sold out of water... I then begin making my way to my car, i surely have a bottle there. Right before the parking lot there are two men standing at the entrance to the Casino. First contact with 'sentient' life since leaving my room. I ask the gentlemen "Do you know where I can find a vending machine?" in english at first because it's midnight and my brain barely strings that together. I ask again in awful broken spanish, because the guards looked awfully confused. Shrugging at each other, one of the guys finally say in english "Um I don't think I know of any vending machines near by. We got the bar?' Which i reply "i dont drink" Looking more confused, the other guy say, I pretty sure there's a water fountain nearby.... I think i'll take my chances with the water bottle rolling around a hot car all day. After a short trip outside, I return back and catch a glimpse of someones head behind the desk.

I call out to the attendant who looked annoyed I disturbed his video playing in the backroom. He informs me the IS a vending machine its on the first floor, and theres even an ice machine down there.

Oh boy, i might be able to finally take my meds. I quickly shuffle to the elevator and descend to the "1st floor" the doors open and finally I see the dim glow of red under old fluorescents next to it the ice machine with a sign "out of order". Pleased to see that water is still a dollar, I eagerly await my prize as the machine chugs and thunks my Dasani below. Fisting back a handful of pills, and gluzzing down half the bottle of water I decide to explore the rest of this "Resort". It takes some time for them to kick in, and i dont feel like spasming and kicking my wife.

The hotel at least has proper handicap accessibility, with elevators, hand rails and ramps in plain site. (credit when credit is due) Walking around the hotel also has a pool and a small water park with a lazy river some slides and a hot tub. The reason we specifically booked this "resort" was we were hoping to take advantage of the facilities and get massages and some spa time. We tried prebooking an appointment online, there site as of writing this in july 2021 was an empty wordpress filler page welcoming them to start their website. The times posted said they were open for 11, and no other information was found or posted anywhere.

The next morning I woke up fairly early to take a swim and get some food. The breakfast menu was very basic breakfast foods, but at a premium price. So i opted for my newly discovered vending machine as i was still to early for the gift shop. 11am rolls around and I stop by the spa to see if I can get any more information about the services or anything really. Doors are still closed and everything dark. I return to my room and inform the boss, we decide we'll pack up, check out, enjoy the pool and waterpark a bit THEN go to the spa for a day and leave back to Humacao later that night. We ask one of the employees when the spa should be open, she looks puzzled and says it's usually open by now, we say "It's not" and she half heartedly chuckles and says maybe around 12-12:30 then... down to the waterpark for a while, the lazy river is as stated. The slides are for children only (thats acceptable too) the hot tub was pretty cloudy and dirty especially for something that we got into pretty much right as they opened. around 1pm we dry off make our way to the 'spa'.... still closed... and that's at the moment we just mutually agreed it was time to go. Half an hour later after trying to find SOMEONE that validate parking so we could actually LEAVE the parking lot. We drove away from Mayaguez "Last" resort and casino with many regrets, complaints, and issues. We left feeling we wasted the night as we made some friends earlier that day while snorkeling that offered to play settlers of catan and hang out for the night which we declined because of 'other' plans.

My wife and I are not very hard to please and this was one place we wanted to avail ourselves to during our Honeymoon. We dont expect chocolates of the pillows, but we do at least expect SOAP in the BATHROOM!! And from a place that totes "Resort" in the name, we excepted at least a basic level of service and standards. I know things have been difficult during the pandemic, but informing your guests of the short comings and mishaps and owning up to them goes a LONG way!

As we packed our bags into the car, i see El Castillo, looming across the parking lot. A large impressive building, but looking closer at the structure there are a large crumbling hole in the facade of the building.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

First encounter with front desk was horrible. Employee made a copy of credit card front and back which is against privacy policies. When questioned why he has to make a copy of the card if the card information is already in the system, employee did not have an answer and gave me the copies he made. Second issue is when we were waited upon to be seated for breakfast we were given a small 2 seat table that was filthy and BEHIND the the dinner room door. 3rd encounter it was well within 1hr and 1/2 before checkout time a maid walks into our room not expecting anyone while my boyfriend was in under garments mind you we had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. HORRIBLE HOTEL, NOT WORTH THE PRICE AND NEEDS RENOVATION. We traveled over 3 hours to be UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

Well I Must say that taking an example from the metro area to Mayaguez the treatment was very awesome we love it me from Comerio my family from Pennsylvania and Minnesota had a wonderful time the employees treat you like family very friendly clean food area was great the lobby the pool area we loved everything is a must jewel see and yeah I've seen some roaches but that is easy just take you're sandal of and just squish it jajajaja but really we enjoy our weekend so sad when its over