All reviews mi casa west beach plunge pool outdoor shower jose andres golf cart positivo sand bar puerto rico nature trail rockefeller trail water park four seasons stunning property in room dining ground floor dinner reservations steam room
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stayed here in August 2017 before the hurricane hit -- we had am AMAZING family vacation! From the moment we stepped on the property, we were greeted with warm and friendly smiles and such a great welcome. Beautiful property and great with my 2 kids (10yr old girl, 7yr old boy). We had our own spacious villa room with beautiful terrace and the golf carts were always around to take us wherever we needed to go since it's such a large resort. You felt like you were almost alone and the pool was quiet and serene but with various families around. Never felt crowded or stressed finding a seat. Our butler was amazing - - we could text him whenever we needed ANYTHING from more pillows to a golf cart to bikes to ride around the resort to floats at the pool. Truly spectacular service - - top notch and NO complaints. We had breakfast every morning at Mi Casa and our server was the best ever! She made up plates of food with my kids' names on it and made sure my son's food was always fully nut free. We can't say enough great things about Dorado beach - - we especially loved Mi Casa for dinner! I think we ate there at least 3 nights and it was hands down the best food we've had on all our travels (and we live and eat all over Manhattan!). We got to meet the chef and see the kitchen on our last night and they made a special selection of desserts for us which was DELICIOUS and OUTSTANDING!!! Both my kids still talk about Mi Casa and we look for Jose Andres' restaurants wherever we travel now - - Mi Casa is still hands down the best one. Thank you for the truly memorable visit - - we are looking forward the re-opening of the resort later this fall - - we will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you ride a bike, would highly recommend going around on a bike versus having to take golf carts everywhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Diva_FashionistaNYC
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This came highly recommended by my step daughter and my sister, and they were right. The experience, food, service and accommodations were perfect! We cannot wait to go back. Be sure to take a bike ride to explore the entire property.

Stayed: July 2017
6  Thank bfitzpatrick123
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Dorado Beach Resort is an incredible facility in a Dorado, PR. The staff, food, scenery and accommodations are amazing. There is so much to do for couples and families and it’s close to big city of San Juan!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank Ashley K
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My husband and I were to travel here, anticipating a luxurious 10 nights stay. I have thoroughly investigated the property before booking our December visit. I have made several phone calls and received an excellent customer service prior booking. With the front desk patient help I learned the important details and differences in the accommodations.
The difference between the West side and East side beach ( suite location ) is reflected in price. The East side costs less by several hundreds of dollars, but after several phone calls and understanding the differences we opted for the more expensive West beach.

With prices high in most ocean resorts in December we were prepared to pay close to $1500/ night. We were looking forward to every luxury offered, what we know the Ritz to be. The very private heated plunge pool and the wonderful ocean views were icing on the cake.

....and then hurricane Maria destroyed thousands of tourists vacation plans....and so much more...We hope to make it back soon....

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Wenovo
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We stayed at Plantation 2 and it was wonderful. All updated stainless steel appliances, 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath. Each room had it's own bathroom. Our view was overlooking one of the golf courses. It also came with a golf cart which was perfect with little ones (6 and 3) to go back and forth from the pools, beach and restaurants. The West Beach is great with an attendant there to greet you and bring you bottles of water and towels. My girls liked the "Hanger Pool" because it never gets deeper than 3 feet and has a slide, short zip line and other activities. The water park is also very entertaining for the kids but when we were there was only open Thursday-Sunday. The food at every restaurant we visited was incredible and the service and staff at every location was beyond helpful. I know they are still recovering from the hurricane and there is evidence of that but they have done an incredible job in getting everything back to normal. The resort overall definitely has earned it's place as a Ritz Carlton...I'd go back every year if possible.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family