“Concistency!!!”

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on feb 8, 2018. 12:15pm for lunch with my wife and father in law. Aprox 8 to 10 more people.

Visited on many occasions but is my first and well deserved review.

Pros:
-For lunch they have the food already prepared put in a steam table so the waiting period is little.
-A good variety of puertorican favorites like rice and beans, pork chops, saute fish, grilled chicken are available for lunch every day. Also some not so puertorican dishes like fajitas, tacos and others are offered from time to time.
-Family run and family friendly(The chef is the co owner with her sister that runs the register and helps serving the food.
-Indoor and semi outdoor seating with a rustic ambience
-Inexpensive. About $7 to $8 lunch that including soda or water
-Big portions. Believe me you are gonna leave full!

Cons:
-Parking. Used to have one right next to it but it belongs to a mini mall next to the rest and they close it.
-Limited operating hours. Only for lunch on weekdays. Fri and Sat they open at night.

PS. I'm writing this review more than a month since the visit so I don't remember what I ate but, we order three diff. dishes and all of them were good. On this day there were a lot of tourists from a cruise ship on the Ponce Port(the first since the hurricane) and every time they ask one another about the food....same answer. Very good!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The instructors did a great job telling us about this popular food item along with a step by step process for making our own Mofongo. They made it fun yet informative and we all had a great time. They did a fantastic job with our large group of nearly 40 adults and kids. I highly recommend this experience if you travel to Ponce.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Pork chops and chicken that fell apart made the base for a nice meal. Fresh sides and their own spice recipe for rice led me to agree with positive reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Love the character of the restaurant, the service is good, and the food is really great. I usually visit during lunch hours. The menu varies per day and the price is great. Must visit when in Ponce!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We went for dinner on a Thursday night. Their hours are limited,so check that out. My wife had a burger and I had pulled pork tacos. Both came with a very nice soup and salad bar, Everything was excellent including the service. We shall return and highly recommend.