Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
  • Pool
Hotel Belgica(Ponce)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
US$140
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
    Hotels.com
    1,667 results
    All reviewsexecutive towerpuerto ricola guanchacosta caribepool areala cava restaurantping pongbreakfast buffet isnice poolminiature golfnice resortfitness centerbeach accessocean viewself parkingrental carpr
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 7 March 2012

Came to PR for work in early Feb and stayed here for 5 days. I brought my wife and 2 year old son. We had a great time at the hotel/resort. Great looking place. Our room was modern, comfortable, and included a great ocean front view with balcony. One night, the hotel offered free happy hour cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. The breakfast buffet was included for us (though typically extra) and was excellent... my wife enjoyed that very much... had great variety and made-to-order omelettes, even eggs benedict! (the cook was very friendly). The hotel felt safe with a guarded gate entrance. Location was great... a few minutes from the boardwalk area and 10 mins from the Ponce city center. The hotel had a private beach, but the waves seemed really rough (not good for young children), thus we opted for other beaches about 30-40mins away, which are excellent for families and children. The hotel staff were readily available, friendly, and helpful on recommendations to outside restaurants and beaches. My son kept busy at the pool while I was at work, and there were plenty of activities to keep anyone busy (basketball, mini golf, table tennis, tennis, board games, bicycles, kids bowling, etc...). My wife kept busy... by our 2 yr-old (lol). The casino seemed lively, though we didn't go inside (had a 2-yr old with us!). There was even a very decent arcade area that kids/teenagers would enjoy. Would definitely come back here, if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank tsk_02
    HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear tsk_02:

Thank you for your kind comments on your visit to our Resort.

We are so happy you and your family enjoyed the services and facilities we offer, and look forward to welcoming you back, should your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Hasta la vista!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here once before and was looking forward to a return visit. I arrived late around 10:30pm and could not wait to go to sleep. I was shocked when I arrived to my room to find there was NO BED. I actually called the front desk looking for it. I had an end room so there were two baclonys (including a hammock) but since I didn't want to sleep outside I was concerned. Turned out that I had what they call a 'parlor' room - the bed is a pull out couch. WHAT?!?! After a long day of travel this was the last thing I wanted to hear. Although there were very nice to offer to send someone to make up the bed for me, what I really wanted was a new room with an actual bed. The front desk was NOT willing to move me. They said the hotel was full and that I was out of luck. I was stunned since I had booked this ahead of time and my reservation was confirmed.

After demanding a new room they were able to accommodate me and lo and behold gave me the room right next door. Weird that I had to get angry before this could happen. The decor in the room was nice - very updated from my last stay. The lock on the adjoining door was broken, which bothered me as I was staying by myself. After day 2 they were able to fix the lock.

There are several eating choices and one nice sit down restaurant here. The sit down place is uber expensive 'La Cava' but the food is great. I loved the lobster puff appetizer. The breakfast buffet is very nice and I looked forward to eating there each morning. Also, I loved the cherry juice served one morning - scared to know what makes it taste so good. :-) The 'store' on site was very lacking. Strange location and seems to be almost forgotten about. I was looking to buy a book and the didn't offer anything like that - in English or Spanish.

I always use the Valet and they are very good. Overall, I would stay again - but I would call ahead next time to ensure I am getting an actual bed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank zaezae

Dear zaezae:

Thank you for your review, and also so sorry you had inconveniences upon arrival with your room assignment, but also happy it could be promptly solved.

Thank you also for your appreciation of our newly decorated rooms, and for the service and experiences you report after visiting our restaurants and using our Valet service.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our first night in Puerto Rico before heading to the mountains. We had reserved a king room in the Executive Tower but upon arrival we were told that they were full and we would have to settle for a garden-view room. After going back and forth with the lady at check-in, she finally found a room with two doubles in the Executive Tower. I believe that some of the rooms in the Tower were being refurbished and therefore not available for occupancy.

Our room turned out to be fairly comfortable, although the bathroom needed some updating and double sinks would have been a plus. The view of the Caribbean was wonderful. I wish I had known that it was safe to leave the doors open at night as other posters did. The duvets on the beds were quite heavy and I had to keep the a/c cranked to keep from sweating profusely.

I found it fairly odd that there was no separate check-in for the Executive Tower. Also, a better selection of drinks in the lounge would have been nice - flavored run (even if it is Don Q) just doesn't cut it with me. Fortunately we woke up too late to have breakfast in the lounge and were able to call down to the front desk for vouchers for the main restaurant. The extensive buffet was excellent as was our server who gave us detailed driving directions for short cuts to Hacienda Buena Vista and our next hotel, Casa Grande Mountain Retreat. This saved us a lot of time and aggravation.

Dear CraigCT2:
    Thank you for commenting on your visit to our Resort.

We are glad you enjoyed staying at our Executive Tower rooms. Check-In at the Eexecutive lounge is possible, however, it is usually more convenient for the guests to be welcomed upon at the main front desk, given the layout of the property's buildings.
    It is true that we have a limited selection of alcoholic drinks available at the Lounge. However, unlike most other Executive Lounges, these drinks are complimentary and not based on Honor Cheques. For a complete menu of drinks that will be charged to the client, we offer the alternative bars, such as The Bohio Snack Bar outdoors, or La Cava and the Lobby QBar indoors.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

There is nothing bad to say about the resort but there is nothing to gush about either. We prefer the smaller hotels and this one was quite large and very busy. We had a room in the Executive Tower which was very clean and comfortable. These rooms have not been updated yet as the other ones have been so they are a little outdated but adequate. Our ocean view more than made up for it. Put me on a balcony with an ocean view and I'm loving it!

We did not go to the beach on the main property, but we went to the golf course beach because we read on here that it was nicer. But we had a car so we mainly found our own beaches on the south/west side of P.R. The pools were nice but much quieter at the golf course if you don't have kids.

We thoroughly enjoyed the golf course and enjoyed 2 days of golf.

The staff at the restaurant for breakfast (Executive Lounge is closed on weekends) was amazing! They made us feel welcome, like family, very attentive. Great job! Housekeeping staff was wonderful too!
    I am giving a rating for Service as very good only because the front desk staff could use a little work.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
    HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear bunbop:

Thank you for your kind review of our Resort, and about your enjoying our Golf Course.
    Our Hotel can be large or small, depending on the point of view (with only 255 rooms on an 80 acre property!), if it is compared to any large resorts, or with a small Inn or "Parador"... In any event, during Winter, the Hotel pools are usually very quiet, and they can get busier during week-ends...

Thank you also for your praising the service and hospitality of our Restaurant Team... we will surely let them know!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Spent 3 nights in Ponce as part of a tour of Puerto Rico which included San Juan and Fajardo. I really enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. The property is very clean. The rooms all look out to the Ocean. We were able to leave our doors open at night and listen to the surf as we drifted off to sleep and again as we awoke. In the morning, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The service in the restaurant is prompt. The pool is very shaded by palm trees. We spent our time on the beach. It is small but not crowded. There is also pool and beach access at the golf club. We had dinner at La Cava and it was a great experience. Our waiter was outstanding. I enjoyed the salmon very much. This is a great place if you want to relax and chill out.

Room Tip: Executive Tower - above the first floor so you can keep your doors open.
    2  Thank blindref1

Dear blindref1:

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the service and amenities, so you could relax and "chill-out"!!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.