Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$225
Booking.comUS$225
eDreamsUS$225
Orbitz.comUS$225
CheapTicketsUS$225
TravelocityUS$225
All reviews infinity pool horses roaming gorgeous views car rental ocean island vieques pr ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Room is filthy, dusty, showerhead is molded and disgusting, and hot water was broken. They charged me $100 in incidentals for a damn towel that my puppy peed on. The food is beyond overpriced, and drinks are even more overpriced. Would not recommend staying here.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Min Soo K
Mayra R, General Manager at Blue Horizon Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Mr. Min Soo K:

The room you stayed in was in perfect state and beautifully prepared for you. It became filthy when your enormous dog (not a puppy as you stated) peed all over the floors, bed, towels, decoratives pillows, mattress. Most of the time you had the do not disturb sign on, the first time our housekeeping was allowed by you to go into the room what they found was nasty. Not only the pee but the gabage all over the room.

Our Front Desk Manager advised and show you the photos of all the damages found on the room at that point. Before you left she also show you more photos of the way you left the room. You were advised of the deep cleaning fee and that we had to through out the mattress, all the beddings and towels damaged by your dog.

It is not fair to write this review when you know the thruth of the events. We wish the best on your future stays on other hotels. You will continue to write this kind of reviews in order to cover your situations.

Good luck.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel property is beautiful. Our room was clean and spacious. The pool area needs a bit of TLC and replacement or better care of the lounge cushions. The food is very good, albeit expensive, but then again what hotel food isn't expensive. We arrived to our room from spending a day at the beach on Tuesday afternoon at 4pm to find the room was not made, the towels were removed and had to go out and request towels to shower for dinner. The hotel only has 11 rooms and it is well staffed. However, the staff has serious morale problems as evidenced by their inhospitable demeanor and the gossiping about fellow staff members within earshot of guests was unacceptable. A smile and cordial greeting doesn't cost anything. Just because I speak and write in English does not mean I'm not fluent in Spanish amongst other languages. By the way, the evening bartender, whose name I cannot remember, is a charm and an anomalous delight.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsCalabash260

MrsXlabash260:

Thank you for your feedback. WE will manage your concerns.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We were a day late arriving due to airline issues, however; the management was gracious enough to hold our room. The hotel consists of 10 rooms, two per building. Each room has a private porch with rocking chairs that overlook the Caribbean Sea and infinity pool. The grounds are kept well manicured and there are tropical plants everywhere. Our room was decorated with antique furniture and original artwork. The bathroom was large with a walk in shower and a full size closet. There was also a full size closet in the bedroom. The amenities that were supplied were good quality and we especially enjoyed the body wash. The hotel had multiple open air areas to read or relax. They were also decorated with antiques and we made the most of drinking our coffee on one of the sofa's while surfing the internet to get information on the island. We chose the island and the hotel because our passion is snorkeling. We were able to walk down a small path to the rocky beach. A short 10 minute walk to the left brought us to a great snorkeling spot. It was always totally private as it isn't a "lay out" beach. The water was shallow and it was easy to snorkel. Renting a jeep at Island Jeep Rentals on the property (Ricardo is amazing) is a great thing to do because we were able to snorkel everywhere on the Island. Definitely rent your jeep before your visit because they get snapped up quickly. The best shopping for groceries and Sangria (4.95 for a two litter) was at the little store at the entrance of the hotel. We bought fresh fruit, sandwich items, chips, sunscreen, pretty much anything we needed. We ate in the outdoor area of the restaurant, although we discovered that all of the seating areas had the same menu. The food was ok, not bad but not great, and the prices were the same as any other place we ate. There was no inexpensive dining on the island, except our homemade lunches! The coffee was wonderful...3.00 per cup with no refills so I didn't get it every day, but enjoyed it when I did. The bar/outdoor seating area always has ice water with lemon available. We didn't notice that there was no television or telephone for at least 24 hours. There is wifi and we had our cell phones, so we didn't need those. After reading some reviews I did notice the cracks, peeling paint etc. but living in the south I know that this is part of the climate, bugs, and major upkeep. We stopped at the "luxury" hotel on the island to purchase some snorkeling equipment, and were soooooo glad that we had not chosen that hotel. Again we chose the hotel for the onsite snorkeling and we so glad that we did. If you are looking for night life, or round the clock activities, this is not the hotel for you, but if you are looking for relaxation and beauty, this is the place. With a jeep any spot on the island was accessible. One of our most memorable moments, was coming up the beach path to see wild horses grazing outside of our room. I do agree that the staff was accommodating but did not appear to enjoy (or even pretend to enjoy) working there. On the other hand, we were not always being bothered by the staff. The property was gorgeous and our stay was more than we could have hoped for.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jacksmia

Hola Jackmia:

Thank you for taking the time and share your experience. We sincerly hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I went to Vieques in July 2017 for a getaway with friends, however, I decided to stay in a hotel by myself to be more comfortable. I have been to Vieques before and always stay at El Blok, this time however, it was fully booked. I had a lot of Expedia points in my account and the Blue Horizon would come up free if I used them. (BTW, I had a welcome drink included in the deal and they never gave it to me.) The property seems beautiful and all but it needs renovations, especially for the price they are asking (almost $200 a night). I found two cockroaches and other bugs on the room, the pool chairs seem rather worn out, the quality of the food at the restaurant was not good and on top of that I tried to go to the pool with one of my friends, but the staff did not let him pass to the area because he was not staying at the property (I get it that it is hotel policy, but the lady at the front desk could have been nicer). Also, for $200 a night I would expect better treatment. It seems everything was lacking during my stay, service, facilities, food and everything. Don't understand what the hype about this hotel is. Save some money and stay at other property (I recommend El Blok). As for the Island Jeep Rental, at $60 per day it is a bargain, this I would recommend to get from them. (As with the hotel facilities, they are worn out but are a good service.) But, to add to my experience I had asked them to take the jeep to the airport for a $15 additional charge, when I got there it was nowhere to be found and the company counter was empty. I had to wait an hour for them to take it to the airport, so lost some time there... Vieques is an expensive destination, so please, try to be worth the money! Being in the hospitality education field I will not be recommending this hotel to colleagues and friends. But I will certainly be using it as an example of what not to do with my students.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The hotel is good for relaxation and do nothing for the whole stay. There's no TV, phone, radio inside the room. So if you have an emergency you need to go out of the room and walk about 3 minutes thru the garden, to get to the reception for help. As a suggestion at least a phone should be inside the room. Located in the southern part of the island and completely isolated, nothing near around the property. YOU NEED TO HAVE A CAR, recommended to be done before booking this hotel. At high season there's no Car Rental available, limited cars for rent at the hotel (till mid August no available rentals) this will make your stay more difficult if you want to see Vieques beautiful paradisiac beaches. The service and the staff at the hotel is BAD, for example at the Restaurant you have to wait a lot, eventhough, there was only 2 tables (total 4 persons) dining at the restaurant at that moment and there's only ten rooms at the whole property. Waiters serve the food and then they flew away to the bar to be chatting, texting and almost forget about you; it happened to me waiting to be attended on arrival to the restaurant and again waiting for the check. The room is too expensive for what you get. Everything is needing a refurbish in the room, except the bed! Cleaning and changing of room is awful, no replacement of toiletries, dripping water from air conditioner unit and from water heater not even dried when cleaning of the room was done, towels changed but not completely dry, 2 roaches found on the bathroom and on the Room. One of the night lamps was broken noticed by the Personnel staff that took us to the room but never changed. The pool seems not to be cleaned recently, even sand was found on the pool floor and water was light greenish, not fresh.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple