La Dunette(Sainte-Anne)
Airstream Paradise(Sainte-Anne)
bedfinder
Residence La Shana(Sainte-Anne)
TripAdvisor
L'Oeil Dans le Bleu(Sainte-Anne)
4,253 results
All reviewsbuccaneer's creekwater skiingwater sportsscuba divingfrench islandspeak frenchfrench guestspunta canachef de villageevery mealspecial thankswake boardingtennis courtson tapsand fleascrazy signshis team
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Hi, I just spent a week in the exotic island of Martinique ... I stayed at Club Med and really had an amazing time, the sea is beautiful, the pool is perfect, the staff was very friendly, they really care that you are enjoying yourself. .. thanks to Lou, Romain and the rest of the club team med ... martinique was maginific

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Buccaneer's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time relaxing and enjoying the beautiful sea and pool. We hope to see you again soon!
The Club Med Team

Reviewed 7 January 2018

While it is a Club Med, it has the vibe of a regular hotel. Older resort with some good activities and decent food. The rooms need so refresh (particularly in light of the current hotel standards). The food was decent and actually good for the Christmas celebrations.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
1  Thank Philippe M
Club Med Ψ, Customer Relations at Club Med Buccaneer's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Philippe M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are so thankful that you spent your holiday with us at Club Med. We hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,
- The Club Med Team

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Where to start?
I don’t complain.
However, I would NEVER want another person to make the same mistake I did, so I feel obligated to share (a portion of) my experience.
I’ve had SUCH wonderful experiences at other Club Meds, that this trip to Martinique has been particularly disconcerting & unfortunate.
Upon arrival, after well-over ten hours of travel, I was “greeted” by Laurent in “Guest Relations”. The irony is piercing. As I explained (nicely) that I’d requested (& had been promised) a room with an ocean view near the central “hub” - over the phone when booking the trip - he told me, “you’re wrong! That’s not what you booked.” Then, he proceeded to speak in rushed, emphatic French to the woman at the front desk, laughing & sneering.
Quite the “welcome”.
Flash forward. I take a room w/a view of trees, at least 3/4 of a mile from the center of the village.
The bed is 2 single beds pulled together. One feels like metal springs digging directly into my spine, so I attempt to sleep on the other one. Kim, at the front desk is an angel & agreed to send me 3 more pillows so that I could put them under my spine (on the “good” mattress), as it was tough to fall asleep on a “metal hammock”.
That problem was then solved. Next, I had no hot water for the first 2 days. Showers were “invigorating” (to say the least).
All of this is petty, in reality, because I’ve been to so many Club Meds that I’ve lost count. They are not known for their rooms. This is not the Four Seasons (& they’ve never claimed to be, so I can’t complain).
The thing that I REALLY wish someone had told me is that this is NOT a place for people who do not speak fluent French (& unless you come with your own-language-speaking group).
Teens & tweens are everywhere (thank God they are more chill about speaking in basic English with those who don’t speak French. . . Hurray to our next generation!).
There is no “back-up” in terms of food. If you are jet-lagged and miss a meal, you go to bed hungry. There is a man who makes VERY rudimentary hamburgers from 4:30-6:30pm (he’s run out of ingredients now, two days in a row, for the 3-4 other things on the menu). A Sharkee’s-esque place like in Turks (or a similar situation like in Punta Cana, Sandpiper, Cancun, Ixtapa, Gregolimano, etc) would have been fabulous.
When I called the front desk to ask if someone could please come and fix my air conditioning (it’s well-over 80 degrees in here at 12:15am), reception told me “go to the bar.” (Same thing they said when I arrived & couldn’t sleep on the metal springs.
I almost have to just laugh. This has been a true “comedy of errors”. Sand fleas are INTENSE. Wish I could say that I’ve been frolicking on the beach at their peak “dusk” time, but, I haven’t.
With no A/C & being unable to sleep, I’m up to over 200 bites now (yes, I counted). I bought the oil (“with fragrance”) that they suggest to fend off the sand fleas. Being a physician, I tried REALLY hard to disregard my knowledge of pharmacodynamics & just “trust in the process”. Science is science. Spraying fragrances oil all over your body - unfortunately - does not keep the sand fleas away (quite the contrary).
Several other issues with this club are disconcerting. . . The lines & sign-up sheets for most every activity (I waited over an hour to go paddle-boarding because of all of the people in the same line who had bought day passes to be here).
I’ll conclude by saying that Victor is a rockstar (as is Kim). If I hadn’t met Victor, I would have taken a car 45 minutes back to the airport & “hugged a tree” to wait for ANY flight to take me back to the US. I was just SO tired from having traveled so far (& there were no flights out again until the 3rd - unless I wanted to spend the night in Miami, sorting out the lodging on my own - I checked with American).
Stayed for NYE. It did get better thanks to some nice French GM’s who took me “under their wing” and occasionally spoke in English with me.
Julian, the chef-du-village (sp?) seems authentic & makes some sincere promises. Just wish he’d fully deliver. We are paying thousands of dollars to be here, taking time out of our busy schedules for a much-anticipated vacation. . . And, it seems as if many of the people who work here have unfortunately lost sight of that.
Moral of the story. . . If you don’t speak French (or arrive in a fairly large group who does speak your language), this is Martinique’s Club Med is NOT the place for you.
A dear friend even tried to charter a flight to get me out of here, but, the weather was so terrible those first two days (torrential downpours ALL day), that his plane couldn’t land.
If I could help even one person from making the same mistake I did, then this review will have been worth it.
(Photos: 2 hours after the front desk staff promised an electrician would be here within 10 minutes - twice - A/C is still not working. . . Black mold is always a fun added “benefit”, too).
It’s gonna be another LONG & sleepless night. “Vacation”?!‍♀️

Stayed: January 2018
9  Thank MGKirip

Dear MGKirip,
First, we would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Club Med. We are concerned to learn of the list of problems that you experienced with your accommodations and your overall stay. We do understand your concerns and the tremendous impact the language barrier had on your vacation. Please accept our apologies. We appreciate this feedback and we have reported it to the resort management for their review. If you would like to discuss any concerns, please contact us at US.guestrelations@clubmed.com. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
-The Club Med team

Reviewed 3 January 2018

A great trip via Norwegian from JFK for our American family of 5, kids 11, 13 &15.

All 3 kids plus my husband had a blast learning to waterski with the exceptional GO team here. Heartfelt thanks to charasmatic Marine who partnered up with my 13 year old to ensure proper form when she struggled a bit at first.

Snorkeling (especially under the pier) was lovely. We spotted an bright blue octopus, french angel fish and a juvenile spotted drum! There were also large starfish in the grasses far out in front of the adjacent public beach.

Nicole's SCUBA operation was ideal for my newly certified divers. Calm waters, well maintained equipment, a large, stable, shady, clean dive boat and a close, shallow reef. Our hero dive master cut free an alarmed pufferfish stuck in a net.

My 2 oldest windsurfed happily and my youngest enjoyed paddle boarding while my husband & I joined the excellent tennis clinics daily.

Our spacious adjoining rooms were blissfully quiet out in block 8. We faithfully wore Bullfrog Mosquito Coast sunscreen/insect repellant and had no issues with sand fleas.

We feasted like kings all week at the abundant buffet. (Don't miss the Colombo- local mild coconut curry dish.) Thumbs up for the house rose wine, Stella on tap and Nescafe machines. It is worth the walk at least once to the sit down restaurant.

We noticed many more English speaking guests here than in Guadaloupe's Club Med last year. My husband's high school French was more than enough to get us by. (Thanks to Matilde for her thorough translations at orientation!) No kids or teen club. We were so happily busy, we didn't miss it- or even the turkey.

Merci beaucoup, Les Boucaniers!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Qoss
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Buccaneer's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you and your family had such a fun-filled trip with us. We are glad to hear that you partook in so many activities and that our GO's took great care of you. Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. We hope to see you back soon! - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Dear Chef du Village,

Several days after returning from ClubMed, I received a survey request via email. Clicking the link in the survey request email message brought up a page that showed this error:

A technical error has occurred. Your satisfaction questionnaire will be sent to you in the next few days. Sorry for any inconvenience.
[E-GmFeedBack] - Verifier les parametres d'URL
Erreur : java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

I think this is a good example of what Club Med got right and what they got wrong during my stay in Martinique. It’s been 5 days since receiving that initial email, and still no working followup link, so I’m posting what I would tell them here.

Sending out the survey link demonstrated good intention. Apparently, they value me as a customer, but just were not capable enough to actually figure out how to do a survey. Apparently, Survey Monkey or even Google Forms is too much for the nice but technically incompetent people of Club Med to figure out. Even their survey had to be done the Club Med way, or maybe the French way, but in any case, in a way that didn’t work.
Such was my experience at Club Med Martinique with respect to several areas:
1. In my first day at the Club, I tried to get on their afternoon snorkeling trip. I showed up at the designated time, only to be told that they didn’t have space for me. Apparently, their boat, which was probably 50 feet long, was only big enough to accommodate 15 guests at a time, of their 500 or so actually staying at the club. They could have solved this problem with a larger boat or a second boat. The point was that the service was under scoped relative to the demand.

2. Wifi – I couldn’t get wifi to work consistently. The problem was that there is a conditional access system that forces you through a registration process through which you can pay for premium wifi. That conditional access system is the problem. As Gold members, we had the premium wifi service, but still there was very little connectivity. Even plugging in directly with an ethernet cable, I was generally not able to access the internet at acceptable speeds. This was endlessly aggravating. I complained about this issue at the time, and the staff was more than willing to listen, but nobody was either able or competent enough to do anything to fix it.

3. Which brings us to the staff, which is the Club's best asset, biggest weakness, and largest opportunity. I was told that due to some local labor agreement, the Club has far higher percentage of local employees than other Club Meds, and runs on about 35 GOs, which is far fewer than the number of GOs at other clubs of similar size. This created several issues. It meant that they were shorthanded in terms of GOs relative to other clubs, and that the GOs that they do have had too much to do. This shows up in the kitchen, which has no GOs, with food that is perhaps adequate by local standards but not up to the Club Med standard that I’ve witnessed over the years at many other Club Meds which do import talent into their kitchens. It also shows up in a general attitude of overloaded arrogance among the GOs that, “we’re doing what we can for you but there aren’t very many of us, so if you can’t get what you want well then that’s just too bad.” At one point, I specifically asked for a meeting with the “Chef du Village” but the front desk person I asked never arranged it, which was another example of arrogant indifference.

So, Chef du Village, this is a lovely place, but I’m not sure I would choose to visit this one again. The setting did its part. The setting was lovely. But the quantity of GO staff was less than adequate and their and your culture of indifference was clearly problematic.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank jgalt650
Club Med Ψ, Customer Relations at Club Med Buccaneer's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear jgalt650,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled you loved our beautiful resort but are disheartened your overall stay with us did not meet your expectations. As you know we are well-known for our energetic GO staff so we apologize you did not experience this. Your comments will be shared with our management teams to discuss ways for improvement. At your earliest convenience please contact our Guest Relations department at us.guestrelations@clubmed.com for further assistance. We would love the opportunity to host you again at any of our amazing Club Med resorts.

Best regards,