Traveler profile: Late 20’s couple from near Toronto. We left our two small kids with the grandparents so we could get away for the week. English speaking. First time at a Club Med resort.
1. The food: Best Brie I’ve ever had, and a wide selection of great cheese, bread, and pastries. There was a large enough variety of salads and main courses to be interesting, without being overwhelming. The meat and fish dishes were all excellent, and there was ample supply of fresh tropical fruit. Coffee at the bar was great (Nice Saeco machine), but coffee at the restaurant was just ‘ok’
2. The beach: Perfect sand. Perfect blue water. Perfect sunsets every night. A little small, if you want a long walk, but still plenty of space to lounge. We didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn to get good chairs and a nice shaded spot
3. The entertainment: The Cabaret was hilarious, Martinique night was a great experience, and the beach parties (with ‘Rhum trip’) were very fun. It rained a little during our final night beach party, but the way the lights hit the rain made the coolest effect.
4. Fitness classes: My wife does fitness classes at home a lot, but not typically on vacations because they eat away from beach time. The fitness studio at Les Boucaniers is right on the beach, so she did classes every day and loved them.
1. Language: we knew everything would be in French and were ok with that. The GO’s were perfect, pleasant and accommodating. Most of the bartenders and servers were the same, but there were those few exasperated looks when we had to say ‘sorry, English only’. 99% of the time we enjoyed being immersed in the language. The lowlight is just for the 1%.
2. Bring a travel adapter. We figured we’d need one, but we called ahead and got told we wouldn’t need a travel adaptor because all the rooms had North American outlets. Nope. EU outlets only apart from the one ‘shaver-only’ outlet in the bathroom. We made due with that, so no harm done.
3. Club Med App: kept crashing and got the dress codes wrong, though it was useful for quickly checking the daily schedules and such (I know… I’m really grasping at straws to find some lowlights)
1. We were in a ‘Club Room’. It was clean, comfortable, and cool. Perfect for sleeping and showering.
I’ve tried to be balanced with my comments, but the highlights swamp the lowlights. The staff, food, and experience was top notch. "Allez! Allez! Allez les Boucaniers!!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend an amazing vacation while you enjoy a taste of paradise in the French West Indies. Club Med's all inclusive resort in Martinique combines a Creole spirit and sublime coastline in the scubadiver paradise of Baie du Marin. Whether you're looking to go scuba diving, enjoy a pampered spa treatment, or relax in the tropical gardens, Buccaneer's Creek all inclusive resort is the perfect warm winter getaway. Club Med has been located here since 1969, and breathes a creole spirit. This all-inclusive resort is perfect for couples and family vacations. It is the best destination for Caribbean beach vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Buccaneer's Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Buccaneer`s Creek Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Sainte Anne
- Buccaneers Creek Club Med
- Club Med Ste. Anne
- Ste. Anne Club Med