“Fantastic”
Review of El Momo Cottages

El Momo Cottages
Reviewed 3 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at El Momo for 8 nights in the Iguana cottage and couldn't have been happier. The bed was comfy, the views outstanding , Andreis the owner was the perfect host... just remember there are a lot of stairs and it's a pretty good uphill walk back from town.

Saba itself was perfect for us. The diving was fantastic (dove with Sea Saba - who I highly recommend). Great restaurants: Brigadoon, Eco-lodge and the place with smoothies and great burritos were our favorites.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2009

This was our first trip to Saba and we are so glad that we visited Saba and stayed at El Momo. We stayed for 10 nights in the Turtle Cottage. We loved this cottage and the view is outstanding. Probably one of the best views on the island. Andries was an awesome host with a terrific sense of humour. He was very helpful when needed and gave you space which made the trip more relaxing. He also makes a delicious breakfast. The rum is outstanding and the fact that he is so trustworthy with the honour system bar was something I never experience in North America. We were very pleased when we checked out. The room was beautiful and we loved the way the cleaning staff made our beds and put beautiful fresh flowers in various spots in our room and bathroom. Having a pool was indeed a bonus. Nothing beats swimming at El Momo and lounging in the hammock with a view of a mountain with a cloudy peak. Even on a cloudy day, it is bright and the colour of the blue ski and blue ocean are out of this world. Saba Island and El Momo definitely took a peice of my heart and we will treasure this trip forever! We are hoping to visit Saba again next year and and/or the year after and will stay at El Momo. EL MOMO - PLEASE don't change anything!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2009

El Momo was great! I only had 2 nights on Saba. When I arrived, Andries told me all about the hiking on the island, helped me pick places to eat, and took care of setting up rides for me whenever I needed one.

The rooms were clean, the view was wonderful, the breakfast was great, and the pool was refreshing. They had great internet service and plenty of available snacks and refreshments.

I am looking forward to my next trip to El Momo!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I stayed at El Momo for 4 nights last week. The place is so incredibly relaxing, with stunning views and wonderful service. Nothing was too much trouble for Andries (the owner) and I left feeling refreshed and relaxed - I would definitely recommend El Momo to my friends.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at Cottage in the Sky for two weeks and couldn't have been happier. The cottages are simple, yet the surroundings are total luxury. The breakfast is also simple, yet absolutely delicious. We bought them out of banana jam before we left! The homemade yogurt, bread and tea blends are also very good. The owner was always available to make reservations for us, give us info about the island, whatever we needed. Even when they were fully booked we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Cottage in the Sky offers a good amount of privacy and is surrounded with beautiful vegetation--elephant ears, passion fruit trees--it's really incredible.

It can be quite a climb to get home after full day of hiking or diving, as it's located up a steep hill. We got into great shape just being on vacation. Something I wish I had known earlier in the vacation is that there is a local gardener nearby who grows organic produce. We had a kitchenette in our cottage and his lettuce was delicious! Check out the garden up on the Level if you want fresh produce--the produce available at the supermarket is average at best.

We checked out some other lodgings while we were on Saba, and wouldn't hesitate to return to El Momo. It's well worth the hike up the hill. A wonderful vacation experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windwardside
30.1 km away
0.5 km away
Scout's Place Hotel
Scout's Place Hotel
#4 of 4 in Windwardside

Been to El Momo Cottages? Share your experiences!