“Real Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Food was extremely good! Real Italian food..Wine selection is subpurb! Service Attention needs improvement.. Resturant is on the pricey side but if you enjoy great food it’s worth it!

Bryan L, Responsable relations publiques at L'Isola, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ciao krysteldavis0382,

Thank for taking the time to share your recent experience at L'Isola with us.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our authentic Italian food and wine selection. We take note of your remarks to improve ourselves.
Thank you for the recommandation.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Great dinner, expensive prices but the kicker was when I realized they overcharged my CC when I got back to the States. Will not come back here.

1  Thank btran321
Bryan L, Responsable relations publiques at L'Isola, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Ciao btran321,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at L'Isola.
We are delighted to hear you had a great experience among us.
Regarding your overcharged situation, it must be a mistake as this definitely not our house policy, please feel free to contact us regarding this matter at: reservations@lisolastbarth.com

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I loved this restaurant, but I have to say that compared to other Gustavia spots, it is trending a bit behind. The environment was quite crowded- and the wait for the table was long despite having reservations through Eden Rock. Once we got settled, I do have to say I thought the food was outstanding. Really good. Not like a once in a lifetime experience, but it was very good. I'll be back but it's not as high on my most recent Gustavia list.

Ciao Khaneseur,

Thank you to have taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent visit with us.
We are delighted to learn that you loved our venue and especially our traditional Italian food.
Thank your for your compliments and your remarks.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Outstanding and original Italian food; really the best restaurant by far in St Barth's although the prices reflect it---but well worth it. Hint: try to find street parking---otherwise 20 euros for their valet parking

Bryan L, Responsable relations publiques at L'Isola, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Ciao ElizabethBob,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our authentic cucuna Italiana, thank you for your compliments and for coming.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Service *****
Food *****
Value ****

L’Isola stills remains one of St. Barth’s finest restaurants.
As I’ve mentioned before, I still think the decor is anything but tropical. But that doesn’t matter as long as the kitchen maintains its high standards, and they have!
My partner and I had dinner here on a Friday night. Admittedly it’s early May, and the normal winter crowds have thinned, so the restaurant was quieter than usual. Perhaps a benefit for us.
Promptly seated on our arrival for our 7 o’clock reservation, we were, shortly thereafter, greeted by our server, Nico, who is very knowledgeable, friendly, and professional.
He recites an almost endless list of specials.This, in addition to the extensive printed menu, can make for some very difficult decisions.
Finally we set on our dinner plan.
I order the grilled seafood - a combination of shrimp, squid, scallops, and vegetables, cooked to perfection. My partner enjoyed one of his favorite dishes Vitello Tonnato - a cold dish of thinly sliced Veal in a Tuna sauce. Remarkably delicious.
Onto our main courses, my partner had another favorite, Saltimbocca Romana - thinly sliced Veal sautéed with prosciutto and sage. While I enjoyed Veal Scaloppine Limone - thinly sliced, dusted with flour veal in a wonderful lemon sauce. Both of these main course were perfection.
As a side we had a special - to some it is called rapini, while Italians call it broccoli de rabe - a delicious bitter green. I was in heaven.
Too full for desert, we paid and left, oh, so happy.
L’Isola continues on its path to greatness.

Bryan L, Responsable relations publiques at L'Isola, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Ciao 3902244,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at L'isola with us.
Thank your for coming once more at L'isola, it is always a pleasure to welcome you.
We are so delighted to learn you had a great night with us and that you loved our specials.
We'll be happy to welcome you again.