“Yum”
Review of Aux amis

Aux amis
Price range: US$23 - US$79
Description: At Le Barthélemy, two dining experiences have been created in one spectacular seaside setting. By day, the menu is light, fresh and carefree. As the sun sets, Aux Amis surfaces, sending a ripple through the daytime calm and offering island-inspired French cuisine.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Food was great. Ambience is clean and modern but lacks something as most restaurant hotels too. St barths has some of the best restaurants in the world so things have to be judged on a much grander scale. L'Esprit still takes the prize 8th year in a row, but it's worth the visit if you're staying awhile.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We ate at Aux Amis while staying for 8 nights at the hotel. we only ate there 1 night...if that tells you anything.

Lunch by the pool was ok, nothing amazing. The dinner on the other hand was pretty awful. I sent my lobster back twice, after I couldn't cut into it either time. After the waitress and manager watched me and agreed it was completely overdone, it still showed up on my bill! When I brought it up to the waitress, the response was "oh, you wanted us to take to off the bill?" Ummmmmmmmm, nah, I'll pay 70 euro for a dish i didn't even get to taste.

I wouldn't waste my time when there are 20 amazing restaurants on the island!

Renaud L, Director F&B at Aux amis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear cwalker1222,

We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your last experience at Aux Amis restaurant.

I have taken good note of your dissatisfaction and would be delighted if you could please contact me personally at rliou@lebarth.com should you feel tempted to visit us again. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Hoping that you will give us another chance to make your diner more comfortable.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is part of Le Barthlemy hotel and is very good. We are there several times during our stay for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Overall the staff was great, JP in the bar was very friendly. Highlights of the menu include the ceviche and tuna sashimi. Get a table on the patio and enjoy a beautiful sunset.

Renaud L, Manager at Aux amis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Live_your_experience,

We are delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you as our guests and thank you for this beautiful review.

We look forward to welcoming you again hopefully soon and send you our sunniest regards until then.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2017

A visit to Aux Amis is a must, even just to see the view. Whenever I come to St. Barths, my family will pop by either for lunch or a cocktail. You cannot go wrong with anything (my favorite is the Caesar salad) - be sure to sit outside, on the edge right near the beach! Also, if you have a few days on island or are staying at the resort, there are sometimes specials/packages with the spa.

Renaud L, Manager at Aux amis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear FancyFood,

Thank you for your nice comments and kind words about the service provided as well as the menu selection.
All of the team joins me in to thank you for rating us so highly and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back, hopefully soon.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This is a beautifully decorated restaurant with a dramatic chandelier that resembles drops of water. In St Barth most restaurants are understated and simple. The meal began with a shared selection of tapas from all over the world. All were delicious. It could have been a meal in itself. We both had mahi as an entree. The fish was served on a bed of sweet potatoes. Just delicious. Dessert was called Sunday caramel. It was freshly made ice cream, whipped cream,hot caramel and candied peanuts. Incredible. Well worth a try.

Mdobbels, General Manager at Aux amis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear StephHorn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Aux Amis - St Barths.

We are pleased to read that you appreciated the food from breakfast to diner and late night eats, ambience and service.

We are very proud to receive such positive comments and we are waiting for having the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,