“Fantastic setting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dasheene at Ladera

Dasheene at Ladera
Ranked #13 of 242 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2016

We were staying locally at Sugar Beach so took the short taxi ride up the hill to visit Dasheene. As recommended by a friend, we booked in advance and arrived in good time for sunset - thankfully, as we managed to secure a front table on the bar terrace at about 5.30pm before others arrived shortly after.
That sunset view was to die for - you are high up, directly above Sugar Beach, which is framed by Gros Piton on one side and Petit Piton on the other. One of the must-see views of St Lucia.
We then moved up to the dining area which again is open to the view at the front, although it was dark by then. Our meal was lovely - perhaps not quite as impressive with its dishes as the meal we had at Hotel Chocolat's Boucan across the road, but the overall effect of the location, ambiance, service, and consistency merits the 5/5 score.

• Visited February 2016
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Titusville, Florida
“Hard to eat when you are left breathless by the views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2016

We were with another couple following some advice from the owner of our apartment who suggested we eat at Ladera's Dasheene restaurant. As we approached, the views over the pool next to the restaurant took our breath away and we began taking pictures. The next level was the bar area with more great views, then at the next level was the restaurant with additional scenic views. A very nice light lunch menu was offered and three of us went with the interesting new items while my wife stayed with the tried and true - Caesar salad. While she was satisfied with hers, my sister and I were reveling is the tastes in our St. Lucia seafood salad and her husband was equally as pleased with some Indian food. If we return to St. Lucia we will be back at least once. Oh, I almost forgot to mention how reasonable the prices were. After we were done the wonderful staff made me a drink and we sat at the bar level and enjoyed the view some more. Finally, the staff treated us to a visit to one of the Ladera rooms!

• Visited March 2016
Vancouver, Canada
“Best high end eats in Soufriere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2016

We felt Dasheene has the best dinner in Soufriere. Price was high but the chefs ability to produce perfectly seasoned and cooked food was astonishing. We had the lamb chops and the seafood special (shrimp, scallops and octopus). The seafood was the most exquisitely cooked seafood I've ever had (and we're from Vancouver). The lamb was cooked to perfection as well.

We got to enjoy the music of Neverweary's reggae band which topped off the evening for us. The location of Dasheene is perfectly situated for sunset views of the pitons. A must visit for the reggae band and views.

My only disappointment was how quiet the band was. Reggae should be a bit louder but they cannot increase the volume due to the hotel management.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great view...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Went to Dasheene for sunset drinks and dinner. You really can't beat the view. The music playing in the bar was a miss for me...Enrique Iglesias, Justin Bieber and Celine Dion? That's personal preference I guess but why not play something with a St Lucian vibe-still low key but not so cheesy and might fit the atmosphere better. The saxophone player was great however.
Dinner was good but felt the service level just wasn't there. I found my vegetarian choice a bit bland and my impression was that the curry spices may have been toned down for tourist tastes... Too bad. Next time I'll do drinks and apps only.

Bellingham, Washington
“Dinner with vegetarian ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Views are indescribable. Musicians were as well. Loved the island reggae! The seats were not comfortable here :( I can't recall what I even ate and it was only a week ago. Wasn't amazing, but I'm a vegetarian. Our evening waitress had a bad attitude. Other staff members were exactly as you would expect at a place this dreamy. I preferred ladera cooked food in the comfort of our room the most. If you are staying at a different resort, use DaveCharlestaxi to get you to and from. He's the most genuine taxi driver we met- and we used several.