2,986 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia day sail
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel lovely clean beach food great staff friendly even the cats are friendly would recommend this to anyone singles, couples and families the Italian Restaurant is the best food, staff setting 5*

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison R
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hello Allison,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary!

We felt privileged that you chose to spend your anniversary with us.

We value your wonderful comments and recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you for another fabulous getaway in the near future.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I did a timeshare exchange with RCI for a one bedroom villa.

From UVF airport you will have a ride thats approx 1 hour and 20 minutes

Check-in: We were greeted with very little eye contact or enthusiasm. A nice touch was the cold towels and rum punch. The whole process was robotic and not very warm. The rep rattled details off quickly and quietly.

Shuttle service: This is where Windjammer shines! The nicest, most courteous and friendly staff ever! This complimentary service was perfect. These guys were quick and efficient! The hills they climb with the vans are crazy! They would get out and open the door every time!

Room: We had a full kitchen. There was no washer/dryer or dishwasher. We used the microwave and coffeepot(not a Keurig). Our villa had a plunge pool. This was unbelievable. We enjoyed having a private pool sooooo much. We had a big balcony and the sunsets were incredible.

Money exchange: They WILL NOT take american dollars unless they are CRISPY brand new. Our $20 USD had a tiny tear on the top approx 1/8 of an inch(hardly noticeable) but was declined by the front desk so keep your money ironed out and in perfect condition.

Pools: plenty all over - not heated but not necessary. It is so hot you need to get refreshed. We only used the pool on the lower half of Papa Dons (one foot deep) and there is a hot tub in that section as well. We didnt use the hotel pools much as we had our own pool.

Food: we did NOT do all-inclusive (thank goodness)!!! The restaurants were always closed! We were told you must make reservations for dinner. We thought strange as there were only 10 other couples in the resort. The reason is so they know you are coming and can staff the restaurant I guess? We went to Upper Deck one night as we were told closes at 10. We got there at 7:35----CLOSED. They just close if there are no customers. This happened at Embers too! They were supposed to close at 3:00. We went at 2;00 and they said "closed" UGH!!!!!! If we paid for all-incl. we would have been so so so angry!
Food was underwhelming. The prices are inflated due to importing food and trying to get as much as they can from the tourists.

Beach: The beach is nothing special. PLEASE pack water shoes! The whole bottom of the beach is rocks and sea urchins! There is a moss build up on the rock and makes the ocean looks more like a lake than a beautiful clear/clean beach. The water is very warm. One night when at Jammers, a huge section of beach had foam at the surface. Big clumps of foam it had a weird smell too. We have no idea what that was but I wouldn't swim in the ocean after that.

WiFi: free but HORRIBLE! this was a leisure trip but if I needed wifi for work I would have gone crazy! We could not get anything to download. We would get thrown off and have to reconnect on average 7-10 times a day!

Housekeeping: Top notch-exceptional! They made the beds each day, replaced towels and replaced coffee/tea creamers etc daily as needed.

Mini Marker: It was nice to have this on property. The staff was not friendly at all. We felt like we were bothering them each time we went in. The prices were higher than any place I have ever seen. The prices are in E.C but even with the exchange to U.S dollars we were shocked. We have traveled to St Maartin, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, Italy, Aruba and Cancun and have never seen such a mark up on beer wine and chips.

In summary: I wanted to love this place but with the disappointing beach and lack of exceptional customer service (low season or not) actually, our experience should have been top notch as the staff had very little guests to deal with. They obviously can accommodate big groups and have been at full capacity so this time of year should have been a piece of cake to handle

I feel strongly that each person will like and dislike certain things at The Windjammer. I wish my review was more positive but it is genuinely how I felt. If it was incredible my review would have reflected that. There was a lot of room for improvement unfortunately.

Room tip: A private pool is a must!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank njtravelgirl03
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are incredibly grateful that you visited us at the Windjammer Landing and for being a RCI exchange member.

We also appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for highlighting the areas you felt could have been improved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our management team will review these areas for further consideration and enhancement.

We are delighted that our shuttle and housekeeping service met your expectations.

Once again thank you for choosing us.

Please do come again!

Best Wishes!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I am a local, and I just needed to unwind for the weekend,in my own space. I went online, saw the pictures and lo and behold, just what I wanted. The Spanish / Mediterranean experince has always been one I looked forward to,in addition,separate villas,superb views,best beach... I got it all at Windjammer Landing. I will definitely be back again. I will recommend this resort to any and everyone who ask.

Room tip: Spectacular views,excellent shuttle service,best beach
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank nel0918
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you chose to spend your weekend at Windjammer Landing.

Knowing that your expectations were exceeded gives us great satisfaction.

Thank you for your recommendation and kind support.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My husband and I traveled to St. Lucia in September 2018 and we had an incredible time. Windjammer Landing is a gorgeous property and the views are beautiful especially high up on the mountain. We went during the island's slow season and it was just paradise. The staff were friendly, courteous, and accommodating. Right when we walked in to check-in we were greeted with cold towels and rum punch (which was so yummy). They updated our rooms twice during our stay and we couldn't have been happier. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The pools on the property were so nice and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas on the beach for guests. The resort has 5 restaurants on site. We dined at 4 and enjoyed all of them. Our favorite was Jammers! We also loved the fitness center.

This is defiantly one of the best resorts I ever stayed at in the Caribbean. I miss it so much and we can't wait to go back. St. Lucia is just absolutely beautiful and the people are so pleasant. I recommend seeing Darryl at the activities desk and signing up for the Piton Sunset Cruise and zip lining in the rain forest. I will be talking about this trip for years.

Thank you everyone at Windjammer for making our vacation so enjoyable. Shout out to Gus,Tara, Esie, Darryl, and Windy!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaS3880

Hello Melissa,

It was a pleasure having you and your husband here with us.

We are delighted to have delivered such a memorable and amazing experience.

Our hospitable team always aim to provide guests with an unforgettable experience.

Knowing that you would return is a huge compliment.

Thank you for your special shout outs to Darrel, Gus, Tara, Esie and Windy. They will surely be informed of your kind mention.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This place is just fabulous - where to begin!

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights in september (just wasn't enough, we had spent the rest of the week somewhere else before staying here). Booking was smooth and easy and Denise was super helpful over the phone. On check in, we got a cold towel and rum punch and a tour of the facilities. When we checked into our room, we were absolutely blown away. The one-bed villa was just stunning, with the comfiest bed I've ever slept in! it has 3 terraces, great aircon and great showers, and the best views I've ever seen - we could see Martinique from the bed! We were in paradise and didn't want to leave our room!

The resort itself is beautiful, it is beachfront with plenty of umbrellas and sun loungers and great watersports! There are several pools around the resort which are also beautiful and it was never busy. We watched the sunsets everynight from the end of the beach.

Where the place really excels is its food quality. The WJL has 5 very different restaurants, and we ate in all of them several times ( we were on the all inclusive plan). Upper Deck was a fine-dining style and had the most delicious surf and turf, Embers on the beach we had lunch at most days and tried almost everything on the menu - still dreaming of those tacos! - Dragonfly has local food, again delicious and Papa Dons is Italian, with great views from the mountaintop. In all my travels, I have not had nicer food at a hotel then here. The headchef Rene was so pleasant to chat to and took the time to ensure guests were enjoying themselves - really hospitable and I love this.

The staff here were so lovely too - especially Travis and Herbert who served us in the Jammer - both guys were so pleasant and chatty and funny, such assets to the resort.

We cannot wait to come back here and can't recommend it more!

Room tip: Get the villas that are up the mountain - there are shuttles to drop you and pick you up whenever you need. The views are spectacular!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catriona B

Hello Catriona,

Thank you for choosing Windjammer Landing.

We truly cherish your kind compliments towards our amazing team and overall resort.

Knowing that you were absolutely 'blown-away' by our accommodation gives us great satisfaction.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you for another fabulous experience in the near future.