Being someone who works for a major airline and spends much of their life in hotels around the world, when it comes to holidays I am particularly picky. The East Winds absolutely blew me away despite my jaded opinion of most hotels.
The food was nothing short of superb, the booze even better and the rooms, ambience and sheer friendliness of the staff something that other hotels should try to emulate.
From Wendell and Titus and their awesome cocktails, to Johnny and Kim who kept us occupied with all manner of boaty and water related activites.
I have always worked on the principle of never going to the same hotel twice, as the world is very large and there are a huge amount of places to visit. The East Winds has changed that point of view.
It is quite simply a fantastic place to saty, just remember the sun tan lotion, ask for the moveable aircon units if you aren't in a room with it fitted as standard, be aware of the frog chorus at night (wherever you are in the Carribean you'll hear it!) and you'll have a ball.
As mentioned, I've stayed around the world in some of the best hotels you can think of (and some of the worst!) the East Winds is a superb place. If you are disappointed, then frankly you need your head looking at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet