visited just prior to christmas. not as rustic as I thought, but the rooms were lovely and the showers were very unique. my 4 year old liked talking to eric the parrot and we liked playing table tennis. the sea was fairly rough so no water sports whilst we were there which was a shame and we heard about the lady who had the spines in her foot. we managed to paddle though in the waves which was fun and the children enjoyed the pool and the swim up bar. memories of east winds are: cocktails watching the sunsets which were just beautiful, eric, the delicious pork spare ribs at the lunch bbq, all the birds eating the cakes at tea time, and the food generally , although we thought this could be hit and miss occasionally. however being all inclusive it did not matter too much if there was a course you did not enjoy... you had plenty of food. staff all friendly except one who just did not smile at all. did trip to pigeon island which was good and we saw the rough atlantic surf and managed to swim on a really calm beach which was lovely as I missed swimming in the sea at east winds. all guests mainly english and obviously there were repeat guests - you really should make a few trips though out of resort. next time we will hire a car as taxis very expensive.
tip: My husband hit his head on the corner of the safe and had a big gash, so be careful to keep the safe door shut before bending down to get anything out of the cupboard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet