All reviewsfitness trailbamboo loungedeluxe cottagesunken showerother guestsfood and winehead gardenersunset cruisesunset barfour coursesyoga pavilionlocal musiciansst luciagood vibessteel bandevening entertainment ishouse party
Reviewed 31 December 2017

We have just returned home from our third visit to this exceptional Caribbean resort, having spent the Christmas period with the wonderful East Winds family. It is worth mentioning that this is the only location we have ever returned to and now the only location we choose to visit for our Caribbean vacations.

We arrived late due to our flight being delayed out of Gatwick, nevertheless, the welcome at reception was so warm and sincere, we were left in no doubt that the vacation had started. We were then escorted to the same room as we had used during our previous two visits and were thrilled by the "welcome back" message on the bed and the attention to detail with regard to the whole layout within the room. The very comfortable accommodation, which was always of a very high standard, has been greatly enhanced by the upgraded bathrooms and the careful and thoughtful decoration.

Having always been extremely satisfied with the quality of food produced for all meals plus the selection of wines, I am delighted to report that in our opinion the standard of both has improved and the Executive Chef and his team continue to provide a service that is second to none and we can only thank them for their hard work and dedication. I have to mention the menu, quality and presentation of food served on Christmas Eve, which was nothing less than exquisite.

With regard to the staff, we know that previous reviews have said it all, however, each and every one of our friends at this beautiful resort, who are aptly and rightly known as the "East Winds Family" are beyond exceptional in everything that they do to make sure that we the guests always have a memorable stay. We feel we have been cosseted without being made to feel awkward and nothing but nothing is too much trouble. It is the these lovely people and their top class interpersonal skills that make sure that we are sad to leave at the end of the holiday but ensure that we will return for another dose of paradise in the future. Thank you to each and every one of the team.

Finally; it is clear that East Winds is "on the up" and that is in no small part due to the way the whole organisation is run. The team are extremely happy and clearly feel they are valued, which makes sure that we the customers benefit greatly.

All the very best for 2018, see you soon!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
5  Thank JTWJAW
Judith M, Manager at East Winds, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear JTWJAW

Happy New Year!

Lovely to hear from you and so wonderful to read the generous feedback! I am delighted that you had a lovely time, it was great to meet you and we are already looking forward to your return.

Thank you so much for your lovely message to the staff they really do appreciate a good review especially when they are so warmly mentioned!

See you soon in your island home,
Warm wishes

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This resort is without a doubt the most relaxing place I have stayed in my entire life. Every aspect of my wife and I's vacation was made better by the wonderful staff.

We stayed in one of the ocean-front suites by the beach - what a great way to spend a week! The huge room had loads of closet space, a beautiful bathroom with his/her sinks, large shower, outdoor shower, and deck area. We'd sit on the chairs watching the sunset with drinks every night before dinner.

Which brings me to the food. Oh my LORD the food. We ate like kings the whole time here. Every meal was great, but dinners were the highlight of every day - four course meals with wine pairings. Delicious local foods and ingredients lovingly prepared and served by attentive and caring staff. Just thinking about the food now makes my mouth water.

During the day, we would do literally nothing, lay on the beach, read books, and drink Pitons. Snorkeling was available (which we did) and other watersports (that we passed on).

The ONLY downside to our stay here was that the beach staff were a little inattentive, but who can really complain? It's the Caribbean! Things move a little more slowly here.

Loved our time here and would come back again with no hesitations.

Stayed: July 2017
3  Thank Rob W
Judith M, Manager at East Winds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hi Rob W

Thank you so much for your review and all the wonderful comments. I am so pleased that you had a great time while you were here and enjoyed the stay in our mini-suite.

Did you notice the flag for calling the beach attendant over to bring you a drink? I am so sorry that you didn't realize that was there. Next time we will make sure that you are better looked after on the beach!

I wish you both a wonderful 2018 and look forward to your next visit to East Winds!
Warm Wishes

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We only had the opportunity to stay at East Winds for 3 nights but loved every minute. Such a treat. Lovely rooms, exceptionally good food, a nice beach area and helpful staff made the experience memorable. The early evening champagne receptions facilitate guests getting to know each other and we met some lovely people. We look forward to returning for longer next time.

1  Thank DRJUK

Dear DRJUK

3 nights is never enough to really relax into the East Winds vibe and fully experience the food, the water sports, the gardens, the beach, the pool, and the exclusive experiences. But it is enough to get a taste of the hotel and the island and encourage you to come back for a longer stay next time!

I wish you a Happy New Year and look forward to your next visit,
Best wishes

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We just got married at East Winds last week. I am so thankful we found this resort. It was quiet, the staff...from the front desk to the bartenders are the best (two of my wedding guests had brought small children and the staff was so kind and considerate which really helped) ,and the food was the best I’ve ever had in my life anywhere. Every single meal we had was cooked perfect and tasted amazing. The wedding planners had everything set up beautifully. All I had to do was get dressed and show up! No stress, and such a beautiful setting. Couldn’t ask for anything more. I can say for the first time in my life I was truly sad to go home. Worth every penny and can’t wait to go back some day!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are slightly bigger and a bit off on their own on the resort for a little more privacy
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bdangroberts
Judith M, Manager at East Winds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Bdangroberts

Lovely to hear from you and thanks for the great review. We enjoyed all the fun and preparation of the wedding and hosting a big family group is perfect for East Winds.

I am so happy that you had the wedding that you wanted and that the family enjoyed their holiday with us too.

We wish you all the happiness in the world and don't forget to come back and celebrate your anniversaries with us!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This small charming hotel has many repeat customers and we can see why. From the genuinely warm welcome, after a long drive from the airport, to the moment we left we were extremely well looked after.
Our delightful cottage was one of the cheaper ones near the pool and restaurant, but we would definitely pick the same one again. It was light, airy, spacious and very well appointed. The bed was large and comfortable, there was a small area for preparing tea/coffee and a well stocked minibar (complimentary). We liked the proximity to the beach, pool, bar and restaurant and it was quiet and surrounded by beautiful foliage.
The grounds at East Winds are amazing with colourful flowers, indigenous trees and quiet spots to sit. There is a small gym, yoga pavilion and fitness trail for those who need to work off the extra pounds gained from the wonderful food. The pool is quiet (no booming music here) and there is a self-service bar in addition to the full service beach bar. The beach has plenty of sun loungers and even late risers like us always found a palapa and some sun beds. In addition you are offered drinks on the beach throughout the day.
The restaurant serves an excellent breakast, partly buffet and partly cooked to order. Lunchtime is often a barbeque/buffet and evening meals are a la carte with a good choice of starters and mains.The wine changes daily and Friday is beach barbecue night with the largest lobsters we have seen for a long time.
The drink selection is excellent and very generously served and we were very impressed that French Champagne is offered at all times. The hotel offers a good range of sightseeing trips and the water sports centre provides Hobie Cats, Kayaks and other non-motorized activities.
The staff is exemplary both in their service skills and their warmth and friendliness. The atmosphere is perfect. I am sure that we could go on and on but we have run out of superlatives. All there is left to say is that we were sorry to leave and are looking forward to returning. Also, we would recommend taking the helicopter back to the airport both for the opportunity to see the island and the reduced journey time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely
1  Thank heb999

Dear heb999

What a lovely and thorough review. Thank you so much for taking so much time over it, it looks as though you tried out everything we have to offer, although you didn't mention the hammocks :)

Only joking, I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon in your new island home,

Warm wishes