We have just returned from 2 wks at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa, Rodney Bay, and can agree with many of the previous comments about the hotel - the staff are very friendly and welcoming, in fact all the locals are, so to save repeating those comments I thought it more helpful to comment on the resort itself.
Firstly, we had dreadful weather, and from speaking to others it seems this actually isn't unusual for April/May time, eventhough 'officially' it's not the rainy season. One couple got married on a day when it rained non-stop, we felt so sorry for them, so would never recommend this destination if looking for somewhere to get married around this time of year. As a result of the wet conditions there are alot of mosiquitos - although the hotel sprayed the room for us when requested we still got bitten a number of times, we think from around the pool and out in the evening.
Regardless of the much hyped Jazz Festival (which was a wash out on many of the planned dates), Rodney Bay was very very quiet. Bars and restaurants were empty or had just one or two lonely diners - there was just no buzz/no atmosphere around the resort.
Overall, the island is lovely but we could only recommend perhaps at the height of season. We got it wrong and thought the climate would be a lot better than it was this time of year, but then perhaps everyone else knows this and that's why it's deserted...!
Finally, be prepared for a long transfer from Hewanorra airport to the resort - it is 1 1/2hrs up and down winding hills. A good way to see the Island but not for those that get car sick!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet