“Great resort, nice location, personal service”

Stonefield Villa Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel in Jan 2018, our second time in St Lucia and this resort. The reception and restaurant staff are very attentive. Our villa called Frangipani had amazing views of Piton mountain and the ocean, plus a big personal pool. Highly recommend this resort to anyone visiting this beautiful island. There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the resort to the beach 3-4 times a day, it's a 7-8 min drive to the Sugar Beach. The resort is very close to many great sites, such as mud baths, volcano, and Piton waterfalls. It's worth taking a daily excursion to explore the entire island and see how locals live.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank ak3366
AVERIL B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

They say once is never enough, and so we thank you for returning to Stonefield Villa Resort for a second visit. We really appreciate your useful testimony about your experience and excursions. Thanks again. We can't wait to welcome you for the third time.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife stayed at Stonefield Estates for 8 nights and had a great time. Our villa, the Flamboyant, was very large with great views and had a huge “plunge” pool. The villa offered great privacy from the other units and the views were unbelievable. From the hammock on the deck you could overlook the ocean and view the pitons. You can’t beat the views. And I can’t fail to mention the outdoor shower; very nice touch.

If you travel during the low season as we did, I would suggest adding the meal plan as many of the restaurants on the island shut down during the month of September. Breakfast at the Mango Tree was very nice and I highly recommend the banana pancakes. We also enjoyed dinner and lunch a few times onsite and all were very tasty.

While this is a smaller resort, you still have amenities such as the spa and pretty good WiFi service. I was able to stream a couple of movies while at the resort which was a pleasant surprise. The resort does offer shuttle transport to different points on the island which can be scheduled with just a call from the phone that is provided. While the resort does not have its own beach, you are free to use at of the beaches on the island and the shuttle makes it convenient to get you there and back.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it others. Well done Stonefield!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ramone D
Jenelle E, General Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Ramone,
We are glad to hear that you and your wife love our gorgeous island views. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We wish you both all the best and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Stayed here solo in Feb 2017 after a sailing trip through the islands. When I was dropped off I gasped at how stunning the back drop of one of the Pitons was. Just gorgeous. The ladies at reception were friendly, professional and efficient. My room wasn't ready so I had lunch at Mango Tree Restaurant and then went into Soufriere to kill some time.
The setting is just magnificent. Very peaceful and lush greenery abounds, with gorgeous views of one of the Pitons as well as the sea. The villa was perfect- very clean and spacious, with my own plunge pool, hammock and outdoor shower. IT is very private, you can't see the other villas from yours and vice versa. I would have preferred there to be a TV in the room (I know, one does not go on vacation to watch TV); I had been on a boat for a week and was travelling alone and only had my book and thoughts to keep me busy, so some sign of the outside world was due. They did have a shuttle to nearby Sugar Beach which was very convenient.
I ate at Mango Bay Restaurant for almost every meal. The food was good (dinner portions small for the price though). The service was efficient and professional. I noticed the same servers at breakfast that I had had at dinner the evening before, another indication that they were hard working people.
One complaint is that there was some landscaping going on, and outside my room someone was using a weed trimmer for literally 2 hours. I know it has to be done but I did not feel like listening to that for hours. Especially with no TV to drown it out. Other than that I had a relaxing time. On my last day it was a Monday, I had until noon to check out. I made the best of it by doing naked water aerobics in my plunge pool to get in a workout before I headed to the airport, hee hee.
It is a beautiful and relaxing setting and the staff are wonderful. Since I traveled there alone I did get a little bored, so I don't know if I would return there solo again. My issue, not the resort's. Luckily the day I went to Sugar Beach I ran onto other passengers from the sailing trip I had been on-- they were a sight for sore eyes.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Valerie77

Hello Valerie,
We appreciate the time taken to leave this review. We know that our future guests find it very helpful to read about other experiences. We appreciate the note on the television and will bring it up during our next meeting. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We missed our flight, were referred by a local hotel owner, and were lucky enough to book this resort on New Year's Eve 2017. The view was truly breathtaking and we couldn't stop taking pictures! It's located at the base of Pettit Piton and overlooks the ocean and lush vegetation. The villa was amazing with kitchenette, open air shower, hammock, and private pool with ocean and mountain view. What a great place to ring in the new year! Restaurant was excellent also.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaraOKeefe
Jenelle E, General Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello Lara,
We are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and celebrating the start of the new year too! We hope to see you back soon! All the best!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Let me start out by saying that I'm holding Stonefield to a higher standard given the cost. First the good: beautiful villas etched into the mountainside with wonderful views of the pitons. Seriously I couldn't believe how picturesque everything was. We took the free shuttle to Sugar Beach and I was so glad we were at Stonefield instead. Sugar Beach was a bit more cookie-cutter. Stonefiled has a real rainforest feel. It also feels very secluded, which is lovely. I loved our villa - I believe they are all slightly different, but ours had a HUGE deck with a hammock and of course the private plunge pool. The food was also very good (plenty of vegetarian options for those that are interested). The not-so-good: while I loved the outdoor shower, the water pressure was seriously lacking and the temperature was only slighter warmer than lukewarm (ladies with a lot of hair take notice: low water pressure + puny hair dryer provided = hair drama). Also, it's not possible to shut the blinds. This isn't a big deal for most as it's very private and I had no concerns about people looking in...BUT I prefer pitch black darkness to sleep well and there was a lot of light from nearby villas that I couldn't block out. But these are minor things...the main reason why I am not giving 5 stars (and honestly would give 3.5 if I could) was the service. It took an eternity to get drinks or water refills, even after multiple requests. At first I assumed this was just 'island time' and told myself to relax. But on NYE we waited over 40 minutes for two cocktails....our appetizers came and went...I reminded the waitress and still nothing. I could see that the bartender was not actually doing anything so I was a little annoyed. Then they started to bring our entree out...we ordered our cocktails the minute we sat down. I finally walked to the bar where I said I'd ordered two drinks from our waitress over 40 minutes ago. The bartender had no order. I have no idea why she didn't place the order initially (even though she clearly wrote down what type of liquor) or when we asked politely about it the second time, but she NEVER placed the order...after 40 minutes. Who knows if she ever would have! Oh and did I mention she wasn't very friendly? Overall, except for one very friendly lady that worked during lunch, the wait staff was not very friendly or engaging. The food is not cheap so I expected an elevated level of service. And so I was disappointed. So if you choose Stonefield do so for the huge, beautiful villas or stunning views, but not for their friendly staff or stellar service...and be prepared to wait for your drinks.

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Lauren T

Hello Lauren!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the real rainforest feel. We appreciate the feedback and will look into the pressure and temperatures of our showers as well as replacing our blinds with ones that can block the light out completely. We are sorry to hear about your experience while dining with us and appreciate that you are letting us know about it here. We apologise for the miscommunication that occured with our staff and hope that you had a wonderful stay overall. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! All the best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
2.7 km away
1.9 km away
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
14 km away
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Stonefield Villa Resort? Share your experiences!