US$165
US$137
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
Orbitz.com
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$85
All reviewsmullet bayquiet locationswim in the oceanlagoon sidewatching the sunsetorient baypizza placethird floorrental carkitchenettemarigotlunacaribbeanstudio
Reviewed 19 January 2006

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel the second week of January. The hotel was nice and represented a great value. We got a run of the house room, but it was large, with 2 large firm beds side by side. The bathroom was good size with 2 sinks and bathtub. There was a tv with cinemax and CNN and 1 more english channel, the rest were french or Dutch but was ok. The balcony was very nice, and it had the fridge, breakfast table and stove with some plates, dishes and utensils. There was an electric kettle for boiling water for the morning coffee or tea. We stocked the fridge with juice, soft drinks, fruits, breakfast items so our breakfast was at the balcony every morning, fantastic. The free electronic safe in the room was very convenient, I hate the places that want to charge 3-5$ per day for a using a safe. The 2 pools were nice, and the dive shop owner was cool, I am a diver so I went out on a 2 tank dive. The beach at the hotel is nothing special even though it has very clear water and looks beautiful in the sun.
We had rented a car from the airport (highly recommended, very competitive so you will get good deal, the rental agents will be calling you as you walk out of the baggage claim, talk to 2 or 3 different ones and get a deal on a small car) so we had the freedom to go anywhere in the island which we did, explored all the beaches, I mean all, and boy they had some fantastic beaches, frankly the best of many carribean island including Punta Cana, Peurto Rico, Jamaica, Cancun and even Aruba! The following beaches are the best and represent a must see
1- Long beach (west side of the island), access from Lesemana Hotel
2- Mullet Bay (south west side).
3- Le Gallion, super calm like a pond, fantastic colors (on the north east side of the island
4- Friar Bay, on the North west side , just north of Marigot.
5- Orient beach, north east of the island, at its south end is the full nude part, check it out, it was interesting, haha!
6- Maho bay beach, at the south end of the airport raunway. Here you will see the planes landing just above your head (very cool view), and they talk off from that end (begin the blast off). If you are adventuresome, then stand behind a big jet (like the 5:15 pm air France 4 engine jumbo airbus) and you will get the thrill of your life. Best time to view jets landing and taking off is between 1-5:30 pm.

I make it a habbit of taking a large cooler whenever I stay at a non all-inclusive place, so I just fill it with ice, and drinks and off to the beaches, and don't have to worry about buying expensive drinks from vendors at $3-5 for a small coke, rip off!

Other tip is on the french side of the island, the money is Euro, but most there resturants accept dollar at 1:1 ratio, but verify that with them upfront. On the Dutch side, dollar is the official currency, so in a nut shell, DON"T EXCHANGE DOLLARS TO EUROS, no need. Take dollars and credit cards, and can use the ATMs which are availabe at various places.

We didn't try the food at the flamboyant because we always ate outside so have no comments.

The staff at the Flamboyant were nice for the most part, they had one ... named Francis, watch out for him (big black dude).
The hotel had a nice show on Tuesday nights and samba dancing lessons given by the dance group on Thursday nights.
It was one of our best vacations, and I strongly recommend St. Martin to all (with a car rental). It cost 180 dollars for the week (auto, air), so was well worth it. Have fun!

• Stayed: January 2006
17  Thank zinay1
A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2006

We were very disappointed with this hotel. We had a delux suite overlooking the quiet pool, a nice corner balcony and this was the only thing we liked about this place. The room smeeled very bad, musty, it was not particularly clean. It did not have a fully equipped kitchen as advertised, no dishwasher, no coffee maker, no toaster, cultry. The hairdryer was so old you would burn your hand holding it. The beds were very old and not comfotable. The shower was a drizzle and was never properly fixed. There is noone at the hotel, at best you would see 2-4 people on the beach or at the pool. The exercise room is a joke, all the equipmeny is either broken or dirty. none was in this room. The TV had 1 English channel, and it was CNN. We is nothing offered ie parasailing, scuba diving, you could rent a very small boat to tour around the lagoon. It was not clean, the samre cigarette butt was on the steps going to our room all week !!
The food was very poor, at brakfast overcoked scrambled eggs every day, overcooked bacon and some cheese.
The staff was OK at best, not overly friendly or couetous. I would not go back to this hotel, and I called the travel agent on our return to tell her not to book with other customers. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 December 2005

I have just returned ( 12-14-2005 ) from a one week trip to St. Martin, and have stayed at this wonderful resort. I have found this resort to be well worth the money, and very well located. The French speaking staff were extremely accommodating, and very pleasant. I came knowing no French, and there was no problem communicating. Everyone from the hotel was so friendly and courteous. They all have made my trip so memorable, that I'm already making plans to return. If you are expecting a commercialized type of place like the Hilton or Marriott, or food from Mc Donald's, it's best that you stay home! This is a place to take in the culture, hospitality, and food of France. The resort is extremely clean, and the rooms are spotless. Fresh linens everyday, a beautiful balcony or terrace, each having a kitchenette. How wonderful it was to make breakfast outdoors, and have cocktails in the evening just watching the sunset. I would highly recommend this resort to singles, couples, and families. If you are looking for a clean, casual, and friendly place, this is it! The location of this resort is excellent, however, I would suggest that you rent a car during your stay. You definitely would want to explore the island, and also see some of the Dutch side if you are into casinos. The beaches are so beautiful, and everyone seems to have their favorite. Mine was Bai Rouge which is about a 5 minute drive from this resort. All in all, I found St. Martin to be an excellent Caribbean destination.

• Stayed: December 2005
14  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed 10 December 2005

We stayed at the Flamboyant for our thirty-second wedding anniversary. The resort is in a great location on the island. It is close to everything French or Dutch. The grounds are clean and employees friendly and polite. We did have some complaints.
Both pools were too cold to swim in. Almost nobody swam in them. Hard to believe with all the warm weather there. The breakfast food ( sausage links,eggs,pancakes and hash browns )was cold every morning. Birds would come into the dining area and take food off the buffet table. No employees bothered to chase them out. They also do not give washcloths to the guests.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank 2 Voyagers
Reviewed 29 November 2005

My husband and I stayed at Le Flamboyant over Thanksgiving in 2005, based on a friend's recommendation. It was cheap ($100/night), the pictures on their website accurately reflected the room we got (le-flamboyant). (We booked on hotels but when we got there they didn't have any record of our reservation; the manager straightened it out in the morning.) Only real downer was they didn't have a non-smoking room for us, but this is a French island, and it wasn't terribly smokey. You could easily spend a day enjoying the hotel - they have free non-motorized boats you can borrow (like canoe/paddleboat/etc) and a few pools. It's got a good location, though it is on the lagoon, not the ocean.

• Stayed: November 2005