“Poor service”

Ranked #50 of 119 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Caribbean Grilled Flavors is located across from the Royal Palms resort on the famous Simpson Bay strip. The menu features a unique blend of Caribbean dishes enhanced with local spices and others imported from surrounding islands. Our menu showcases a signature grilled grouper fillet accompanied by a choice of bbq ribs, marinated chicken breast , sauteed shrimp or a tender pork chop guaranteed to delight every hungry heart. Guests can satisfy their cravings from 10:30am to 10:30 pm daily. Stop by for lunch, dinner or just a cocktail in a quiet yacht viewing gallery that provides an intimate escape.
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Friday 1/20/17 we had dinner here , 12 of us, I must admit I had the grouper and it was delicious., other members of my family agreed the food was "good" , but the issue here is the service ,, the service was the poorest I had in all of our weeks stay., the restaurant was empty just the 12 of us at 7 pm, so can't blame poor service on the crowd, there was none !!

Reviewed 26 December 2016

After my 2015 visit to CGF I could not wait to get back. Early December my sister and I had another 'gastronomic' experience at the restaurant. Out of our 7 days in St Maarten we dined 6 evenings at this restaurant and every meal was totally enjoyed.

I applaud Chef for the delights and the servers for their courteous and friendly attention. We were lucky also to be able to bring back to our respective homes delicious Christmas puddings to share with our family. Thank you Chef. Happy Holidays to the staff and everything good for 2017. See you then for sure!

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Visited the island for one week ending Dec 15 and ate at CGF for 6 days. Each day I had a different choice on the menu which proved tastier than the day before. Delicious meals served by the welcoming staff in a fairly quiet setting.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

After reading the good reviews here we visited for dinner, I wish we had not! I ordered the barbeque pork chops, these were cut very thin, they were completely overcooked, grilled until they were black and then covered in sauce. I managed to fight my way through some and then gave up. When the server asked if everything was ok I complained and said I couldn't eat them, she didn't comment just walked away! When the bill came I was more than surprised that I had been charged full price for a meal I sent back. When we queried this the waitress said she couldn't do anything as the manager was
off sick. So I had to pay full price for a meal that I sent back!
I definitely would not recommend this establishment their customer satisfaction policy is non existent, there are much better restaurants than this in Simpson Bay.

CARIBGRILLEDFLAVOR, Manager at Carribean Grilled Flavors, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

We regret that we provided you with bad service and poor customer experience; this is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves.
It is indeed that the Manager was unwell, but this should not affect the smooth running of our restaurant. Our serves are given a set of guidelines for compensation in situations of this nature, obviously our server neglect to follow through. While we deal with this situation internally, in our attempt to better serve you, our valuable customers, we are going to give back a full refund on your check, or dine in for 2 persons complimentary. This is the least we can do to address the inconvenience caused.
We take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which allows us to serve you and other customers bette

Reviewed 21 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at the Simpson Bay resort about a fifteen minute walk away from this great little place last week and we both agreed that dinner there was by far, the best meal of the week. Since that area of the Caribbean is going through low season there were fewer customers to compete for the best seat of the house, right on the water, at the marina, surrounded by a few charter fishing boats. Both the hostess and waitress were very plesant and welcoming. I ordered the jerk pork chops and my wife had the stuffed roast chicken.After we finished our meals we looked at each other and came to the same conclusion; that the flavors and freshness left us wanting more. The prices are also very reasonable. This was our first visit to St.Martin and if we go back we will definitely be returning to this place.