All reviewshand drawn mapcane garden baybottle of rumperfect hostsjost van dykefull kitchenboogie boardshome away from homebeach chairsnice bottleback porchshort walk to the beachan extended stayliving roomvisited tortolasurrounding islandsair conditioned
Reviewed 16 July 2012

'
my family and I rented a cottage with Agape for 15 days. it was the best vacation to date. I wanted something peaceful,simple, and tech free for my family. this was the place. We have traveled to Tortola before and knew we wanted to stay in Cane Garden Bay.

The hospitality was amazing. it was truly like staying with good friends or family. I would stay here again. Hopefully next year..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MAD5088
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We just returned from 5 days at Agape Cottages, our first visit. The cottage was charming and convenient to beach and restaurants and so peaceful. Donna and Tom are very accomodating and warm with everything from recommendations for rental cars to restaurants-even a hand-drawn map of the island with suggested day trips. We would definitely stay at Agape again if we're lucky enough to return to Tortola.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan E
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Staying at Agape Cottages was a special treat -- it is quite uncommon to have such superior service. Tom and Donna were phenomenal hosts and truly cared about making our stay perfect. Before the trip, we were coordinating travel plans for a pretty large group (10 people stayed in 5 different cottages) and Donna was extremely helpful in coordinating our taxi rides, trip plans, rooms and answering the plethora of questions we peppered her with. Once we arrived, she and Tom gave each of us a tour of our cottages and the ammenties available and I immediately noticed we were provided with some breakfast items, a flashlight, fresh bananas picked from the property and the beverages we ordered were already delivered to our rooms.

I was in D4 and had one of the smallest rooms, but it was plenty of space. In fact, I found it better to have the room size that I did because the air conditioning cooled the entire area better. Plus, with my location I had access to the internet from within my room. My porch's view wasn't as great as some of the others, but it was screened in, which I appreciated since the bugs love me! The only downside was it was just a little bit higher on the hill... but if you're at least somewhat fit you'll have no problem getting up the hill. However, the walk isn't long to any of the cottages, it is steep, so if steep hills really get your heart pumping, then you might enjoy a stay at one of the cottages located further down on the hill.

In addition to the breakfast supplied, beach and bath towels were provided and there were plenty of beach supplies to borrow -- snorkles, goggles, fins, beach chairs, noodles, boogie boards, etc. There is a grocery store (Bobbys) just at the bottom of the hill that was reasonably priced and had more than I expected inside.

Last but not least, the views were phenomenal. Some of my best pictures were taken right outside of my cottage! I sincerely recommend Agape Cottages, Donna and Tom are a true pleasure to meet and have as hosts.

Room Tip: For great views and a little bit of a daily workout, ask for a room higher on the hill, it isn't that much further up and the view is breathtaking. If you're heart beats hard after walking up stairs at home then see if you can either get a cottage lower on the hill or rent a car. The picture I posted is of the last hill looking up to the "D" cottages.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TiffanyP979
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from 19 days in paradise. This was our 4th trip to Agape, and it truly is like returning home. As usual, Ralph met us at the airport and took us to our home away from home, J1, where Donna was waiting with a warm hug. The view of Cane Garden Bay and the spectacular sunsets cannot be beat. The cottage is spacious, clean and well equipped with all of the comforts of home. The outside shower really is a plus. Dave and my husband harvested bananas from a tree by the patio. It was really amazing, and we had fresh bananas the entire stay. You cannot go wrong if you choose this little slice of heaven as your vacation destination.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rh0deIslandBeachBum
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed 3 weeks at agape cottages it has a feel of coming home ,the cottages are clean and the grounds are very well maintained,Its just a short walk down the drivewat to cane garden bay a great beach with plenty of good food and drink,Tom,Donna,Kit and Dave are great hosts ,There is a grocery store within walking dist, if you love the beach this is the place to stay we will be back in 2013 .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends