“Amazing!”

Islands Beach Bar
Ranked #45 of 152 Restaurants in Tortola
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a place to enjoy delicious, freshly cooked food with an amazing view - look no further...

Me and my family stayed at the Sugar Mill for two weeks and ate at the beach bar almost every day, but the variety and the quality of the food ensured we were never bored, and that there was something for even the fussiest of eaters!

My favourite things on the menu by far were the fish tacos, I ate these almost every day of the holiday and they were amazing. I also recommend the refreshing homemade lemonade - the best I've ever tried - and the painkillers which were the best in the whole of the British Virgin Islands!

The best thing aside from the incredible food was the view you were treated to whilst enjoying it, we even managed to see a nurse shark!

Amazing setting, amazing food, amazing service!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

As if the location is not enough, eating delicious food while looking out at the spectacular turquoise hues of Apple Bay and the islands of the BVI with service from friendly and professional servers and a visit from Mary, the owner, makes for a wonderful lunch respite. While undertaking the serious business of relaxation at the Sugar Mill, ice cold beer was the drink of choice for us but offerings include wine and exotic libations as well. They serve an excellent Cheeseburger in Paradise and also recommend the Conch Fritters and Calamari. Try trading sauces, I preferred the key lime sauce that came with the calamari on my conch fritters and the red sauce that came with the conch fritters on my calamari. But that is just my personal taste and both sauces were delicious! I can think of no better way to spend a leisurely lunch time than at the Islands Beach Bar!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped by on the Fourth of July. After being seated, read the reviews and got a little nervous. Owner/cook was very friendly. Food came out very quickly. Curry fish and chips were very nice as was beer batter fish and chips , fish tacos, chicken wraps.

5 for lunch $120 , including tip.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Myself and our family, ate there many times in the last 2 weeks. The staff, outstanding, the food, good, the management.....Mary looks like she's helping but cannot make a cocktail, did not know the prices!!! BTW very unprofessional behavior from Mary when I was accosted and aggressively questioned on comments another family member made. I have no words.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ate at the island beach bar most days while staying for two weeks at the Sugar Mill Hotel. It is located directly on the beach and you have the chance to watch pelicans and other shorebirds diving for their lunch while eating your own. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient and readily able to make lunch or drink recommendations. The kitchen staff was equally pleasant and were always asking how we enjoyed our meal, and we did enjoy them all. The lunch menu offers a wide selection of entries (apps, salads, wraps, etc.) and there is a full complement of beers and tropical drinks available. We recommend the Islands Beach Bar for lunch while either staying at the Sugar Mill or just touring Tortola.

Steve & Marge Herr