All reviewsferry dockwithin walking distancecity viewshort walk from the ferrynice hotelbusiness tripclean roomsbusiness centerthird floorconvenient locationnice poolrestaurant and bar areataxi standcoffee machineservice was slowroom was largesuperior room
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

The standard room was very large and comfortable. This was a perfect stay for a night before catching a morning ferry, which is only a short 5 minute walk from the hotel. You can't stay here without eating on the covered dining terrace.(grilled shrimp with vegetables and mango sauce and the cheesecake). It had a nice view of the water. The surrounding area is quiet. This being nothing more than a stay to catch
a ferry means I didn't mind the view being an office building next door.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2015

If you want to stay in Road Town this hotel is perfectly located, only a short walk to everything and at the same time by the sea with a nice view. The room was very nice, modern and clean. The staff was friendly and service minded. It's a taxi stand just outside also if you need a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a redecorated room with a sea view and third floor or higher.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

We moved to this hotel after Sebastions On the Beach wasn't so great. We checked in and the A/C at Maria's was broken but they assured us it'd be fixed when we returned. Got back and the girl at the desk told us it wasn't fixed and they were going to upgrade our room for free. The first room was nice. The second was unreal! Brand new and overlooking the city. It was awesome. The girls at the desk were super nice and helpful. Didn't eat there so can't speak for that. But customer service and room quality was superb! Will definitely go back there next time! Oh and it's in walking distance from pretty much everything!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

This was my first (and hopefully last) trip to the BVI. On arrival, there was no concierge/bellhop to take my luggage to my room. Only one elevator, which broke down so had to use the stairs.
My first night no laundry bags in room - I asked to have them sent up and was refused. I had to use my own laundry bag and take it to the front desk. The clothes were returned unpressed and shoved back into the bag.
Then I tried to fedex documents and was told I would have to go into town as there was no pick up service.finally they agreed to use the hotel account to allow pick up.
The restaurant staff were a nightmare. It took so long to get service and I had to wait two and three hours for the bill.

It goes on and on and I'm so glad to have left.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 28 April 2015

I came here for a conference and my hosts arranged for my stay at Maria's. Having been to other Caribbean islands I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my room and it felt very new and very modern.

The location is great, a short walk from the ferry pier and close to many local restaurants and shops. The meeting space and staff were very good, certainly on par with what I would expect in the US - which was another nice surprise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water in the new building.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business