All reviews ferry dock within walking distance city view short walk from the ferry nice hotel business trip clean rooms business center third floor convenient location nice pool restaurant and bar area taxi stand coffee machine service was slow room was large superior room
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Maria's as a one night stop over on the way to another island. While neither of us were particularly blown away by Road Town, Maria's was a great choice. The best thing is the location. It is walking distance from the ferry pier and within eye sight.

We believe the hotel is under a staged renovation so if you book, make sure your room is in the "new" section. Ours was and it was a great night's stay. The room was clean, comfortable and updated with a great view of the water. I couldn't get my coffee maker to work but I'm not sure it was broken or I didn't know how to work it. The TV was pretty small but who watches TV on Tortola?

We happened to be in Road Town on a day when the cruise ships were not in port. That meant a lot businesses that catered to tourists were closed. After taking a walk around down for breakfast to find no real options, we returned to Maria's and had a great breakfast. I had the meat lover's omelet and my wife had scrambled eggs. No complaints there.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this as a destination but if you find yourself in Road Town, Maria's will take care of you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank evanandalisonm
Reviewed 29 May 2017

The local is good prices are reasonable. The restaurant is good. Staff are friendly and helpful with a quick and easy check in and departure. They were helpful in getting us a driver for a tour of the island and organising our early departure for the airport. The room we had was large size with tv, phone and balcony overlooking the bay and swimming pool. The bathroom was clean with toiletries and a hairdryer. The room also had a sinkunit, fridge, microwave, coffee machine and coffee suppllies

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017

This was a very nice hotel. It was clean and safe and it the BEST location. The front desk people were super friendly. In fact when we left, there had been a little problem in the room and they took off some $ for us right away which we though was very nice. I will stay here again if I come back to Tortola.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

From the check in to the check out Maria's is always a great stay! The front desk staff are friendly and knowledgeable, always willing to assist, the wait staff offers great service. Having breakfast next to the sea is always a great way to start or end the day.

Maria's is located in the center of town with every amenity within walking distance...from pier park (where cruise ships dock and duty free shopping) to the best bars on Main Street within 5 minutes walk there can be no complaints.

The water taxi is also a short distance allowing easy travels.

The food is very tasty and while not a huge variety available, it is affordable, always hot and taste well done!

The rooms are comfortable, with big beds, all the amenities need from fridge, microwave, coffee maker and iron.

I definitely recommend a stay and look forward to my next trip!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I struggle how to rate this hotel. For Tortola I would rate it very good, but comparing to hotels in other parts of the world, it is only average. There is not much choice of hotel in Tortola and Maria's is really the only option.

Stayed 2 weeks for work. The room was in the new part of the building and it was huge and very nice. Bed was huge and air-conditioning was great. Nice balcony and water provided every day. Wifi was fine. My view was over the car park and next time I will try for a sea view.

The location is good, right in the middle of town and on the water. Very close to the ferry terminal. Many bars and restaurants close by, but it is a challenge to find good food anywhere in Tortola.

The restaurant was okay but the menu was limited and after long stay I got very sick of the options and ate outside the hotel.

Service was acceptable without being anything special. The lift worked the first day I was there and then not again for 2 weeks. Lucky I was only one floor up. But you are in the Caribbean so you just go with it.

I was disappointed that there was no gym. It's not really possible to go for a run as the roads are narrow and they drive pretty fast, so I was frustrated I couldn't easily exercise. There is a small pool.

Easy to get taxi right outside,, although they aren't particularly cheap.

Would I stay again ? Probably, unless something new opened up.

Room Tip: the new wing and sea view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business