Sebastian's on the Beach(Road Town)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Beachfront
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
US$150
  • Pool
US$245
US$210
All reviewsferry dockwithin walking distancecity viewshort walk from the ferryclean roomsnice hotelbusiness centerbusiness tripthird floorconvenient locationnice poolrestaurant and bar areataxi standcoffee machineservice was slowroom was largesuperior room
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The hotel has undergone a good renovation. Rooms were clean and well organized. The restaurant and bar people were really helpful. I saw some of their prepared meals and they looked really nice. Their pool was really clean and was at just the right temperature for a dip. The hotel is located close to downtown and the cruise ship wharf. Use of wharf security made me feel comfortable and store's personnel were extremely helpful. The weekend had a food festival on the weekend we were there. There is a super market (Bobbies) about 10 minutes walk.

Room Tip: The hotel has a newer section, but all rooms appeared to be similar.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Great location! Clean! Nice restaurant but pricey. Does have a bar separate from restaurant to hang out. Staff really nice. Called cab for us to leave the next day. We had missed ferry to another island & had to stay. Didn't know where to go! Guy at customs very helpful. Restaurants walking distance.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Rooms were nice and clean, friendly staff, great food, walking distance from the ferry terminal, Capriccio de Mare (must try Italian joint), Marche (great sushi) and Bobbys (your supermarket and deli)

Room Tip: The chicken wings from the restaurant are amazing!!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Returned yesterday from three nights here. My husband was on business and I was along for the ride! I really liked this hotel. Felt very safe being there on my own most of the time. I think it was about 30/40 mins ride from the airport, although there are some roadworks at the moment which may delay things a bit. The name says it all. The hotel is literally on the seafront. We are on the third floor in the main block and had a superb view. Very large, spotlessly clean room. Aircon, (a bit noisy). Fridge, microwave, sink & coffee maker. Bathroom a bit dated, but OK. Nice pool, but no shade/brollies. Towels from reception.Used local cafe's & restaurants for meals, so cannot comment on the hotel restaurant, but it certainly looked very nice and had a great view. Recommend the fruit smoothies from Baz's hut. Also the kiosk at the ferry terminal sells hunks of fresh banana bread ($3.50) and filled rolls ($3.50). Check-in/out smooth. Always someone on reception. Hire car desk too. Ino was very helpful. Ferry terminal to St Thomas & Virgin Gorda is 5 mins walk away. Ferry dock to Jost Van Dyke is elsewhere ($25 taxi fare) and the ferry dock to Peter Island is a $12 taxi ride way. Plenty of cafes, bars, restaurants easily walkable. Colourful huts selling tourist items, clothes etc, just minutes away. Taxi stand with list of prices just outside the entrance. Free Wi-Fi. Only thing I would say is that there is no tourist information, on day trips, boat trips etc. There is a stand in reception, but the leaflets are for medical facilities, real estate & jewellers. I would recommend this hotel and go again.

Room Tip: Third floor with sea-view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Bermuda1Cheltenham
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Maria's as a one night stop over on the way to another island. While neither of us were particularly blown away by Road Town, Maria's was a great choice. The best thing is the location. It is walking distance from the ferry pier and within eye sight.

We believe the hotel is under a staged renovation so if you book, make sure your room is in the "new" section. Ours was and it was a great night's stay. The room was clean, comfortable and updated with a great view of the water. I couldn't get my coffee maker to work but I'm not sure it was broken or I didn't know how to work it. The TV was pretty small but who watches TV on Tortola?

We happened to be in Road Town on a day when the cruise ships were not in port. That meant a lot businesses that catered to tourists were closed. After taking a walk around down for breakfast to find no real options, we returned to Maria's and had a great breakfast. I had the meat lover's omelet and my wife had scrambled eggs. No complaints there.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this as a destination but if you find yourself in Road Town, Maria's will take care of you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple