“Great Pies”

Family Food Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Road Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, British
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Tyler delivered our order of pies, quiches and bread to our boat before we set sail. Everything was delicious. The baba ganoush from the Family Food Bakery was to die for!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

To be fair I should mentioned that I changed my order to a Sunday and the bakery isn't usually open on Sundays. The owner said he would still honor the order. My order was obviously rushed and were not its' usual delicious decadent delights that I have loved in the past. The bagels were not properly proofed and were overly dense hard disks. The breads were fine but dried out within a day ;( The most disappointing items were the gougers ( spelled wrong I know). They were flavorless and not their usual light tasty puffs of heaven. The croissants were also to dense and huge, no flakyness, no butteriness :( The lemon poppyseed loaf was perfect and delicious :)

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This out of the way spot opposite The Moorings was hard to find as there are no signs ( blown away by the hurricane ) but is truly worth the trouble. I had a delicious bowl of minestrone soup and one of their apple muffins and the wife had an egg and cheese sandwich. We love their bread which is carried at the local grocery stores. There is limited seating as most order to go but the outdoor community table was lively with conversation and we met some great folks who told us of their challenges post hurricane. The prices are very reasonable and it has become one of our fav places during our month here. Try the home made waffles and fab pastry that has no equal on Tortola. A must go for anyone that enjoys great food and super friendly staff.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Guess the name gives it away, does great homemade bread and all that goes with it; sandwiches, muffins, etc. Good for breakfast or a quick lunch

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We had walked out of Sunsail base to find somewhere quick for breakfast and the Family Food Bakery was just opening for the morning. We had wonderful muffins and coffee. It was perfect. We bought a whole wheat baguette for lunch which was very good also. Very tiny place but great food. When we came back after a week of sailing and needed breakfast, we came back and had egg salad with bacon sandwiches on homemade wheat bread.Very good. Their tables are outside in a small courtyard area. I would definitely go back here the next time we are in the BVI.

1  Thank suzyoo