This was the most amazing vacation I've ever had with my children. We had a rocky arrival due to some miscommunications both at the fault of myself and the hotel. I was stressed. Yet with every step I took, the ambiance and positive, relaxing vibe of Little Dix Bay melted away my stress. Yes, the location is incomparable and the resort facilities are beautiful, but the staff truly and sincerely made us feel like family. By the end of our stay, the only regret I had is how I handled our arrival and that we had to leave after a week. Derrick, Duncan, Avery, Arthur, Susan, the woman who gave me my mani/pedi at the spa, Cynthia, Fernando, and "Mila's good driver" (he drove the cart and I'm embarrassed to say that i forgot his name but he always remembered us and was so sweet to my 2 year old), and yes, Adam too - I sincerely THANK YOU. Little Dix Bay made our cares completely melt away and that could not have happened without all of you. Thank you for treating us so well and making sure our spring break was as special as your beautiful resort.
If you want to reconnect with your family and loved ones - GO TO LITTLE DIX.
If you want to see amazing isolated beaches with a lovely picnic lunch and perfectly executed boat drop service, GO TO LITTLE DIX.
If you want to have peace and happiness in the most beautiful setting, GO TO LITTLE DIX.
If you want your cares to melt away and focus on nothing at all aside from relaxing and enjoying the beauty of mother nature with a staff who will bend over backwards to keep you happy, GO TO LITTLE DIX.
1. If anything goes wrong with your room or your reservation plan/rate, be patient and follow Derrick's lead. He will keep you calm and comfortable. The hotel, the location, the staff, the visit is worth it. Don't stress like I did. Managers, Duncan and Adam will work everything out if you talk to them. The local hotel staff is understandably loyal to the many families who are returning guests and there is a bit of a disconnect between them and the general Rosewood reservation staff. Lesson learned and completely understood. The management (Duncan AND Adam) were beyond fair, patient, and friendly with me to rectify the situation.
2. If you need a cab, ask for Andy or his son Sandy or his daughter Mandy. :)
3. If you want a really great place for kids dinner, go to On the Rocks Cafe.
4. If you want a really great grown up dinner, go to Georgio Fine Dining right above On the Rocks.
5. Go snorkeling at Mountain Trunk, order the picnic and take your kids. It is fairly isolated and so beautiful.
6. Do the hike to Savanna Bay at the very end of the resort (near room 71). It it LONG but so worth the hike in the end.
7. If you have kids btwn ages 2-8, you MUST book Captain Keith for a pirate sail.
8. If you want a workout, go through the spa, to the left of the pool and run the stairs down to the isolated beach. Killer.
9. If Little Dix is lucky enough to get him back, do tennis lessons with Arthur Hicks. My son woke at 7 am on the day of our departure to play tennis with Arthur one last time (he never had much interest in tennis prior to this).
10. Just go.
My hope is that Rosewood Resorts knows how lucky they are to have such an accommodating and warm staff on their team. Thanks to all at Little Dix who made our stay so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands