“Lovely night out”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Ranked #110 of 320 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Reviewed 7 February 2021

We ate at the Saltwater Grill last night, great spot for a nice dinner out! It's in a strip mall but when you enter the restaurant, all you see are really beautiful and modern surroundings. Split a huge caesar salad, had the fish & chips (light, crispy batter) and piri piri chicken, with divine flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Everything was yummy and the service was excellent. Very very good.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

This seafood place is it! My family of six adults ate here and every single person was shocked at the quality of the food. The atmosphere (we chose inside but there’s a beautiful outdoor space as well) was modern, clean and designed to encourage everyone at the table to see and hear everyone else. Our waitstaff was some of the most professional, service oriented staff I’ve ever encountered. I wanted to try a bit of everything so I ordered their signature dish named after the restaurant itself. They placed an amazing collection of fresh seafood onto my table: steamed prawn, shrimp, scallops, crab legs, squid and the tastiest mahi mahi. I don’t even LIKE fish and I enjoyed every bite of this gigantic plate of food. It was all cracked open for me as well. I gave bites to everyone at my table and we all agreed that this place is one of the best any of us had ever been to. You simply must here. Pricey for sure, but every aspect of the experience was top flight. Well done Saltwater Grill!

Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

This is an outstanding place. The service is fabulous the food is even better. Highly recommend anyone visiting the Cayman Islands to come to this restaurant.

1  Thank Huskertraveler1
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Excellent find for our last night dinner! Great Happy Hour choices and prices...generous portions! We all got the lobster risotto for our entree and we’re vert satisfied. Nicely decorated venue and professional, friendly waitstaff...a keeper for next year!

Reviewed 28 February 2020

We stopped in for dinner on a whim after an afternoon at the beach. Feeling a little under dressed for dinner, we elected to sit in the outdoor area. Indoors was cooler and probably better suited to those looking to go a little more formal. But having said that, most places are not that formal here anyway.
The setting outdoors was nice, with the roof rolled back we could enjoy the breeze.
The service was great. Never had to wait or try and signal one of the staff. They were happy to help as well.
Plenty of drinks and wine options. Local beers are good.
The menu is predominantly seafood, however there is plenty for the non-fish folk as well.
Prices were also quite reasonable with mains from about $20 and up.
We did desert as well. Simple menu, but some nice choices there.
Happy we stopped in!