Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dyffryn Ardudwy
See available hotels
Penmaenuchaf Hall(Penmaenpool)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas firemy partnerthe main housemicrowavevillageviewsovenweather
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Where to begin it is tucked away in a beautiful rural setting with lovely views. Inside was stunning too. Spotlessly clean and very comfy. The owners are really friendly and welcoming and you can tell they have pride in what they do. Breakfast is delicious too!
Within walking distance of beach and village.
It really is a perfect place to stay to visit north wales. Would definitely recommend!
Diolch yn fair
Jeanette & Andy (Sheffield)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We travelled a long way from Hong Kong early this month for a 2-week trip around the UK. Picture this scenario in your mind - after a long and exhausting flight journey we picked up our car at Manchester airport. We drove from Manchester to Snowdonia and following saf nav we arrived at the top of a hill with an idyllic view in the evening. We were not sure if we have found the right place. My husband knocked on the door of a cottage, and we were greeted by a hearty and warm welcome of a Welsh gentleman - Gwion, the host of Byrdir!

Gwion took us to Beaudy, a cosy and stylish studio cottage which was converted from a cowshed. We could see how thoughtful Gwion and Louise were when designing the cottage - a spacious room with all you need for a comfortable stay!

The breakfast prepared by Louise is the best I've had during my 2-week trip around the UK (and my 5-year stay in the UK as a student a few years back!). Everything was so fresh and yummy! My son finished the delicious home-made pancake within seconds!

The backyard of the cottage has a slide, a swing, and a lovely pink rhino statue for kids to play with. On the second day Gwion placed a huge trampoline in the field for my son to jump on!

The fact that most visitors are regulars says it all! I'd definitely go back the next time I visit the country. Thanks Louise and Gwion for making our stay in North Wales so memorable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've been visiting for around 8 years now and once again we were made most welcome. My second visit this year.
I took a group to stay at Byrdir for the weekend and we took all 5 of the studio bedrooms. Gwion & Louise looked after us a treat. Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were all spotless as usual and the breakfasts kept us going for the whole day.

Room Tip: I've now stopped in all 5 bedrooms. They all are great. Ty Gwair doesn't have a sea view, but you can watch the ducks in the pond and experience the sunrise without getting out of bed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We spent 3 nights in the Stabal-Byrdir room. The fireplace and loft king-size bed give the room a
cozy and intimate feeling. The country-side around Byrdir is quiet and picturesque. The owners were more than helpful and very friendly. We truly enjoyed our stay in Wales and would recommend Byrdir to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I love Wales and have been visiting since I could walk. I spent a weekend here with my wife. Peaceful and relaxing, the couple who run it are great. I am returning later in the year with my wife and son for a week. It's just far enough away to be isolated and quiet but just a short drine to the village.
If I am honest there is only one thing that lets it down, Valentine's weekend/off season it isn;t available. My wife and I always go away for valentines Day but we had to book elsewhere 3 years ago as Byrdir isn't open that time of year, and the alternative place we find, we have returned to more times than we have been to Byrdir. Surely there's a lot of money to be made from couples taking romantic weekend break off season?

Apart from that, the place is good. Clean, reasonably priced for a summer week away (cheaper than a week in a caravan). And breakfast is included in the farmhouse every day, so you can fill up at breakfast, skip lunch and just dine out locally (Barmouth etc) for tea.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, ask to stay in one of the rooms away from the farmhouse, where you climb a wooden stepladder and sleep on a platform. Ask them when you book, they will know what you mean!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple