We spent a week in January at this hotel. There are really limited hotel options on 7 mile beach and after driving around the entire island over the course of a few days - I don't think there is really anywhere else I would prefer to stay - unless, I was doing a dive vacation - in which case a more remote resort might be just the ticket and even preferred (I did this when I was diving in Bonaire - we were not concerned about what restaurants were close by, etc.)
For the money, Marriott gave us the best value - be sure to check the AAA rate - this was by far the best deal. We had an ocean front suite - was large and spacious - nice bathroom - comfortable bed, lovely view and just a few steps down the stairwell to beach and pool area.
Snorkeling off the beach is nice but we did not see the great variety of fish and colors that you might see on a boat trip to a reef.
I like a beach resort that has a water/beach view for breakfast - this hotel had a street view or zero view.
The beach is much much nicer at the Westin - but reports are that the hotel is in disrepair - we visited the lobby at Westin - was dark and not so great - much nicer at Marriott - but we went there for breakfast - Westin has a very lovely view of the beach and sea to watch while eating, and has a truly wonderful beach and pool area.
The Westin was booked with a large conference or we might have chosen that one. The Ritz Carlton is elegant but crowded beach - super expensive - most of the hotel rooms are not only far from the beach - they are on the other side of the main highway and you need to walk across a bridge - very inconvenient. Decor is elegant and eating at Blue by Eric Ripert was a trip and vacation highlight.
I hear that the plan is for a mega-makeover of the Marriott. This property is a franchise and was recently sold say some of the staff and ppl we met. They are planning to dump a ton of money into it and totally revamp the beach area - moving the hotel beachfront deck and pool areas back - chopping off the existing beach restaurant that is their fine dining and in so doing expanding the beach.
Also - they should redecorate the hallways - garish lighting, harsh walls and color scheme.
The hotel staff is very nice - we enjoyed our stay and found the hotel to be comfortable and convenient - self-park at front was great and no extra fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands