6,168 results
All reviews anchor den veranda restaurant turtle pond crepes courtyard view grand cayman lobster night reef balls artificial reef cotton candy gelato red sail remembered our names resort fee all you can eat kids club paddle boards
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

It was my cousins 40th Birthday Celebration and we we wanted to celebrate in the Cayman Islands. I want to say that the Marriott Beach Resort staff was amazing. I would love to say that every staff member made my cousins birthday so special every single day we were there. Like to shout out Nelson, Marta, Yulessa and Ashish’s hospitality were beyond our expectations! We like to say thank you to everyone. Definitely would recommend this hotel and staff to anyone traveling to the Cayman Islands.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank chauhanarp
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear chauhanarp, thanks for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our amazing staff and attentive hospitality.

We believe that our Beach House is such a beautiful and versatile space where people can reconnect with loved ones, sit and relax with a good book as well as choose from a number of delicious culinary options designed for every palate. We hope that you were able to spend time in our intimate cabanas at Anchor & Den – they are such a fun place to sit and people-watch over some fantastic food and cocktails.

Thanks for choosing Marriott we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel in it’s self is really nice. There are shops and mini mart walking distance from the hotel, we didn’t use it. The hotel makes you want to not leave, you have everything here. All restaurants are fantastic, the food is really good but what blows you away apart from the scenic Caribbean blue sea at your doorstep is the service. I mean WOW! Everyone is highly trained in service. From the waiters and cleaning staff everyone is super nice, friendly, willing to help and offer great tips on what to do on the island. It’s pricey but def worth it. Shout out to Renzo and Adalberto for having a great staff, when you go to anchor and den ask for Wendy, and when having dinner or lunch at the veranda mary Ann and Karen will take great care of you! Thank you Marriot, what a great honeymoon!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Ilda L, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your kind comments about our fantastic food, great staff and nice customer service. Our aim is to provide the ultimate Beach House experience and part of that is ensuring that we offer our guests the best customer service. We choose staff who are genuinely warm and kind. Based on our own experiences when we travel, we know how important it is to be surrounded by sincere and friendly people when on vacation.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

So, we love traveling and using Marriotts. This is not bad for an island. However, I do have to say it was pricey at approximately $400 a night plus a $50/night resort fee. Let me just let you know that this was for a junior suite. We opted for an ocean view Jr. Suite due to the fact we were traveling with our older children. The room was big however when we checked in they told us we only had a king bed and a pullout. When we opened the pullout it was the size of a twin bed. Luckily the room was oversized we had to call for a Pullman bed. Now, I do have to say the pullouts are a bit springy but to me they were more comfortable than the king mattress which was a bit too hard. Onto the showers, the bathrooms are a bit dated and have mold in the showers which kind of gross me out. The rooms facing the pool and beach are a bit noisy but by 10-11pm at night the noise does die down. On the beach the sand is disappearing into the sea probably due to storms. They have too many chairs and umbrellas on the sand but their is no choice due to the amount of people that are in the hotel. I do have to say that for the resort fee we do get a lot of activities that are included and to me It is worth it. They provide you with water throughout the resort, aloe, and resort like feel. Unlimited pool towels. If you get up early enough you can rent a GoPro that’s included in the resort fee. Free WiFi and lots of activities based on they daily schedule. Also, the paddle boats, and snorkels are included in the resort fee. Which the hotel did a great job placing reefs nearby to attract the wild life. Which is an awesome area to snorkel.

Overall, I would have given it a 5 but for the price of the room for the value was not worth it. If we had spent less on the room I probably would have overlooked some of the things that bothered us about the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank naynay2123

Dear Jani H, thanks for your review. At our hotel, our aim is to provide the ultimate Beach House experience and along with our unique design and beautiful décor, we offer a one-of-its-kind culinary experience as well a fun activity program for guests of all ages, including beach bonfires, movie screenings under the stars and star gazing with the Cayman Islands Astronomical Society. We want to help cultivate experiences and memories that will stay with our guests long after the vacation is over.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope you will consider visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had a fantastic 9 days at the GCMBR. From the welcome at check-in to when we departed the team demonstrated 5 stars in hospitality and service. We spent most of our time at the beach and the beach/pool team were outstanding, from setting up our chairs to the food & beverage service. We met some great staff - RJ, Danika, Neil and Michelle who always were smiling and provided quick service.

We had a couple of specific requests due to it being a special occasion that I organized before arrival with the concierge/guest services team and they certainly delivered on those (my wife was particularly impressed).

The hotel's theme is great (beach vibe) and the extras they provide such as the GoPros, S'mores nights, movies are a plus. Sure there is a resort fee but based on my travels I haven't seen any other beach property they goes beyond just offering the basics such as WiFi and limited activities. The actual hotel itself was smaller than I expected and i really liked that it wasn't a large hotel. it did get busy on the beach as we were nearing the end of the peak season.

Only constructive comments would be the mattresses were a bit soft for our personal tastes and the WiFi wasn't super fast but adequate (you're at beautiful beach anyway so put your device down and look at the view people....).

Room tip: Courtyard or if you can afford it go for the ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ZiggyNZ
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is THE place to go if you like to be treated kindly and with professionalism. I’m still in awe by the gracefulness and attentiveness of the staff. I would like to particularly thank Noelia, the supervisor at the front desk. She personally took care of an inconvenience we had at the beginning of the stay. She was genuinely kind to us. Everybody was, honestly!
The food at the restaurants was top-notch. My personal favorite was anchor & den (inside the hotel). Loved the sushi and the variety of drinks...and the octopus and the halloumi cheese...everything!!! (Gábor, one of the bartenders, was great!) Veranda (by the beach) was fantastic too, mainly due to the sunset views. Spectacular! Yes, the prices are in the higher end, but worth every penny. The corvina fish..omg. I’m salivating!
The beach area is showing signs of erosion. The hotel, obviously, is not responsible for this. We, humans, are responsible for the consequences of climate change...anyways. There’s not much room on the beach as they used to have (this is my second time in this hotel). Nevertheless, the water is truly pristine and since all beaches in seven mile beach are public, you can simply walk along the shore and find your best spot to dip in the water.
The rooms are good, on par with a 4-star hotel. The rest of the hotel grounds are modern and highly inviting. Very accessible and easy to move around.
All in all, an excellent stay at an excellent hotel ran by excellent staff (and excellent food!).

Trip type: Travelled as a couple