“Swore I would not go back...and now I still won't be back”
Review of Stone Walls

Stone Walls
Ranked #4 of 7 Nightlife in Basseterre
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I have lived on St. Kitts for 3 years and have visited Stonewalls twice - once with the previous owners and again last night.
The first time I went, the wait for EVERYTHING was so long that I was literally falling asleep - 45 minutes for someone to offer a beverage, 90 minutes for food to arrive after having to to track down a server for menus. Another 45 minutes for the check after asking 3 times. The food was average and pricey for what was offered. But that was then.
Last night was somewhat different - not as long a wait and the food was horrible. We sat for quite awhile before being approached by a waiter and had to ask for menus, water, etc. He did not inform one of my friends that an appetizer was not available until after waiting the time period that it would have taken to prepare it. Additionally, "Rack" of lamb must be removed from your menu. What I was served was rib chops - 4 very small ones at that. Just FYI, lambs have 13 ribs on one rack, so this did not even comprise 1 half of one rack. These were herb encrusted fat and bone with very little meat. The atmosphere was nice - love the frogs. Servers need proper training and the owner should be present to greet and maintain good service. Disappointed, yet again, and won't be back. Would have gone to Serendipity but they were closed for holiday.

3  Thank Tbirdvet

Reviewed 30 December 2004

This restaurant is 100% overrated. Fodor's lied -- imagine picnic tables in mud puddles and you have a full picture of Stone Walls. Asked for a scoop of ice cream with cake and was told it would be the cost of two desserts. No menus - just a chalked placard tossed at you without explanation. Food was not memorable (other than re-living it intestinally). It was $200 for a dinner for four -- not bad -- but not for this quality of horrendous food, environment and service. Forget it -- you're better off eating those peanuts you saved from your flight to St. Kitts.

3  Thank AriesTraveler
KITTICIANSTAR, Manager at Stone Walls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2009

We are new owners and what this person is saying no longer applies. We have proper tables & chairs, stone paved floors. and 3 proper new full menus, one each for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also have new staff.

Reviewed 24 July 2004

We have eaten at Stonewalls everytime we get to St Kitts, (twice a year), Last visit-3/04, Wendy and her staff have always served an excellant meal. The service was great and the staff is very customer oriented. Keep up the good work! With the opening of the Marriott reservations are a MUST!!!

2  Thank MNDaveSKN
Reviewed 17 January 2004

The menu is very, very limited. There are 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, no desserts. While the food was good the picnic tables are set on a dirt floor and my ankles and legs were so bitten that I couldn't wait to leave and get something for relief. Not worth the trip and only 3 tables were taken so I suspect I am not in the minority with my opinion.

We are new owners and no longer have benches. We have proper chairs & tables. Mosquitoes are no longer a nuisance.