“My Hyatt visit”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 187 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad hotel, this popular Trinidad dining spot serves fresh seafood, mouth-watering steaks and a bounty of delicious tropical fare that takes you on an extraordinary culinary adventure. Savor authentic local and International flavors, enjoy magnificent presentations and gorgeous panoramic views of the Gulf of Paria as you dine indoor or outdoor. The restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner with Lunchfast (from 11.00am -1.30pm) on Saturdays and public holidays as well as Sunday Brunch (from 12.00noon - 3.30pm).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well its impossible to visit the Hyatt and not experience the waterfront restaurant. Enjoying drinks sushi or whatever your heart's desire together with entertainment. Then a romantic stroll along the waterfront. The perfect end to an exciting day.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We took my mom to brunch one Sunday.
Our server Veronica was awesome, very friendly and accommodating. She smiled a lot and had excellent customer service. Something sadly lacking in Trinidad (I know I’m a Trini now living abroad).
If you read this Veronica please forgive us we gave you the wrong tip! My fault, I got confused with the US and TT prices. We owed you more! Also remember to tip with cash so the server will not have it taxed!

The setting is beautiful (we after went out on the porch looking out on the Gulf of Paria) and the food delicious! There were many food and desert options and on sitting down you get a complimentary alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage! We only added a sparkling water to the cost of the brunch and the total was US$190 for three people!!! No regrets though!
Great experience. Give Veronica a raise!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Overlooking the beautiful waters of the Caribbean is what looks like a typical hotel restaurant but with pleasant surprises. Dinner does not start until 6:30 but the sushi bar and the lobby lounge, which spills out into the outside deck, is open any time. I wanted to eat only “local” foods but broke down and had the pork with the Caribbean chutney and I’m glad I did. I would order it again. I also loved the fisherman’s sandwich which I had three times during my week long stay. The king fish was so fresh!!! My associates also said good things about the hummus and the Caribbean burger. I also enjoyed my grilled lobster tail (which was huge). The breakfast buffet is terrific as well. The wait staff is friendly and courteous but remember that all things on the island move a little slower so park the American “get it here” fast attitude back in the States.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This restaurant, serving both the Hyatt and walk-ins,consistently serves high quality food with good service. The view of the gulf is not alway the most thrilling, but its not bad. If you are looking for the local flavour however, it's best to try somewhere else, this restaurant caters for the international palette. Brunch on a Sunday is quite good.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

The servings are not big, medium to small size. The menu is has a caribbean accent on each dish. If you do not like pepper insist twice or thrice to be removed. The catch of the day is normally a good choice.