US$206
US$189
Courtyard
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$145
US$125
Hotels.com
US$177
US$164
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$189
Radisson Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$149
US$134
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$109
US$93
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$109
US$106
Travelocity
Thanna's Place(Port of Spain)
US$88
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$95
All reviewsfree tea and coffeeblues cafemusic barfood is absolutely deliciousensuite bathroomariapita avenuewalking distancehome away from homewifi worked wellcable tvbed and breakfastqueens parkguest houserental carmaracas bayenjoyed my stayconvenient location
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived by rental car after a last minute change of plans when we realised a taxi into town would cost the same as 24 hrs car rental ($35 US). Luckily we managed to rent a sat nav which guided us in but the guest house still wasn't easy to find- there is no sign. It's situated a block back from Cipriani Boulevard in the Newtown district in a nice old single storey building. There is a drive for parking (more of that later!). We were admitted through a security door and shown to our room- I confirmed it was on the 'quiet' side of the building having read reviews of noise from
the music bar next door.

The room was small with original wooden floor,nicely decorated and seemed very clean. It had TV, fridge,A/C etc .The bed was comfy and the sheets were crisp and smelt newly laundered.

Upon arrival we received somewhat confusing directions on where to walk and not to walk after dark which left us a little paranoid though that's probably not a bad thing in Port of Spain.

Arriving mid afternoon we went for a walk in the area near the hotel. Noticing that my car was blocking in one already on the drive,as we left I offered to leave my keys. The desk clerk said no it's ok, and something along the lines of 'we'll call you if we need you to move', which I thought was strange.As we were making our way back to the hotel I noticed a missed call from a local number and tried to call it back but continually got an engaged tone. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the owner who was furious that we'd blocked her in and was late for an appointment. I explained that we'd offered to leave the keys but that didn't help her situation. I didn't blame her for being angry but it felt a little unfair that we seemed to be getting the blame!

There are a few bars and restaurants within 10 minutes walk of the guest house and towards the end of the evening we ended up in the Kaiso Blues cafe next door which featured a number of young local musicians (this was a Saturday night) and we did wonder how loud it would be when we returned to our room around midnight. Unfortunately the answer was VERY loud, and we always travel with ear plugs. We closed the windows which helped somewhat but the noise still caused the building to vibrate ( I guess it's an old wooden building which carries the sound). Aided by a good few beers and rums we got to sleep but were woken around 8am by the pounding bass of what sounded like a keep fit class up the street. Apart from the noise late and early we actually slept well in the comfy beds.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and it was absolutely delicious. The owner persuaded us to try their homemade salt fish, and after a taste we readily agreed. Served diced and with a tomato and onion salad,plantain and coconut bread it was easily the best breakfast on our trip.

I'm having difficulty in my rating of the hotel- the room was fine,it's in a lovely old house in a decent area of town and the breakfast was great-5 stars on all that. However, staying on a Saturday with a gig next door, I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'quiet room' in the building,and that should have been pointed out when booking. Plus the car parking mix up, cause me to reduce my score to 3. On a non weekend day it could easily have been 5.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Excellent staff, great breakfast, comfortabel bed. Good location in Port of Spain , Trinidad. Very good service from day one.
I love the old building in the center of town. Will definatly recommend INN@87.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Donna-Maria and all the staff were so warm, welcoming and kind. This place felt like a
Bed and Breakfast with old inn charm but with modern convernieces of WiFi, Cable TV,
A/C, ensuite bathroom. and 24 hour front desk. With a front buzzer it was safe and secure. Not only was the breakfast room lovely, the breakfast itself was made to order and served. It's location is easy walking to most parts the city including the Queens Park Savannah. And it's near both the US & Canadian Embassies. I liked Trotters as a place to go eat & drink as it had such a varied menu and I ran across fellow US people who were working for BP. I was very happy with stay for 5 nights.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This quaint inn has old-fashioned charm. It is cozy and clean.
The staff are remarkably friendly and helpful.
The neighborhood is a contrast to the inn because it is in an area where diplomats and ambassadors go about their business. The closest sites are the Queen's Savanna Park, the Trinidad Zoo, and the National Museum.
Even though they do not have safes in the room, the inn is relatively secure. There is a buzzer to get into the small lobby, and a security gate for the tiny driveway.
Their is limited street parking and the inn is on a one-way street. We had a rented car and parked in their driveway. This meant that we had to occasionally move cars when staff had to go home. But the friendly nature of the inn staff made this a not-unpleasant chore.
I recommend!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Family of four. stayed two nights. Shared on room which was fine. Room and property was clean and maintained. Surprisingly quiet.

Location was great, walking distance to many parts of the city and close to many restaurants.

Breakfast included and given the option of Local or American. Both were prepared fresh. The convenience and value was outstanding.

Nice front room for breakfast or relaxing during the day.

Best feature is the owner and staff. Very, very accommodating, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family