“Excellent Wood Oven Pizza”
Review of Kava Kapok Hotel

Kava Kapok Hotel
Ranked #28 of 181 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I had a craving for wood oven pizza and there were not a lot of choices. I chose this location due to its convenience to meet a friend, and easy parking. It's located on the ground floor of the Kapok hotel near the Savannah. Sat outside -- stay inside due to traffic noise -- and had an excellent pizza and salad. was surprised that the pizza was sufficient for two men. Wonderful house red was enjoyed (cannot guarantee it will be same for you), and our server was a hoot. It helped make it one of those 'experiences' you like to have when you go to a restaurant. Pizza was simply wonderful!

It's small, contemporary, good place for families, tourists, businessmen, locals. Easy parking is a big plus.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I went to this restaurant for dinner and immediately gravitated towards the pasta as this is usual my first option for dinner. I had the tomato Parmesan chicken which was excellent, very tasty and well seasoned. I ordered one of the fruity cocktails and I was not disappointed as the ingredients weren't overpowered by ice which tends to happen at other places. It was just right. The music was a bit loud but not so loud that you couldn't have a casual conversation.

As it was restaurant week, the place was almost packed yet the service was fast and efficient. I give it a big thumbs up overall!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Perhaps the best pizza we’ve ever had. The food was incredible. The staff were pleasant and accommodated our requests to make minor changes to our pizza. The atmosphere is fantastic. We enjoyed every aspect of our meal and will definitely return.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here with a friend for a quick drink and a bite to eat and really enjoyed the laid-back ambience, friendly and attentive staff and really good pizzas. We tried the Strongman pizza and the chicken wings which were both really good. The bellinis were also really tasty and it was admittedly hard to limit ourselves to just a couple.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Love their goat cheese pizza (Kava pizza).
Always good and friendly service.
Their cutters - wantons, samosas are also great!