Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$177
US$164
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
US$95
Radisson Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$149
US$134
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$189
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$109
US$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$109
US$106
Hotels.com
Thanna's Place(Port of Spain)
US$88
All reviewshome away from homehis sonfamily run placevisit trinidadtwin islandwarm hospitalityspacious bathroomlate arrivalnice bedgracious hoststhe location is perfectplace to staystreet vendorspleasure of stayingmain roadshort staysafe location
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Our stay at the Culture Crossroads inn was the best. We felt like we were staying with family. Sadly it was for only two nights could have stayed for more. Mr. Lucas and his staff was very hospitable, accommodating and ensured that we were okay. We would hope return soon. I would recommend anyone to stay at this wonderful establishment. It's perfect for couple bonding.

Room Tip: It's perfect
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CultureCrossroadsInn, Owner at Culture Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi, Merissa. Thanks for your review. Glad you were comfortable. As far as we were concerned, you WERE staying with our family, and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again in the VERY near future!! Warmest regards.
Colin and the Crew

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This Inn is a cosy, quiet place with all the amenities of a five star hotel . Our stay was amazing and we felt safe and secure. Would definitely return and recommend . It was so relaxing and is within walking distance of the mall . This is my go to place from now on.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CultureCrossroadsInn, Owner at Culture Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi, TeeVee. I certainly hope that that name is not indicative of ALL that you did while you were at the Inn. LOL!!! I just wanted to say thanks for your short, sweet and compelling review. It certainly hit the spot . . . the spot of appreciation for your satisfaction with our hospitality offerings at Culture Crossroads. If we are now your "go-to place", you are most assuredly our "ALWAYS WELCOME" guest. Looking forward to hosting you again ASAP!! Warmest regards.
Colin and the CCI Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Sadly, I will have to disagree with the other reviewers. The hotel manager and “proprietor”, Mr Colin was totally unpleasant during the booking process, if not downright rude and even slightly dishonest.
I booked a room on one of the booking websites (appointed by him) more than three months in advance on the assumption (stated on that website) that there was no prepayment needed and that the credit card would only be used to secure the booking. My confirmation slip indeed indicates "You won’t be charged until you check in or check out of the hotel".
A few hours after my booking, Mr Colin informed me (by email) that he had charged 50% of my stay to my credit card. When I pointed to him that there was supposed to be no deposit, he claimed that I must have been mistaken by something that I "might have read elsewhere"... I then requested to be refunded, including the transaction and foreign exchange fees (~10%) that I had incurred because he had wrongly charged my credit card. But even after confirming with his service provider that I was indeed in the right, Mr Colin has refused to refund me the transaction fees because 1) well, that’s not really his fault you know… (shouldn’t he check how the booking websites advertise his property?) 2) apparently, I have threatened him (by requesting a total refund? by saying that I would inform the booking website?).
It seems like when a customer asks Mr Colin for a wrong to be righted, he is threatening him. I guess that says it all.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GABA54
CultureCrossroadsInn, Owner at Culture Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Good day, all. Let me start by saying that if I were able to reproduce the entire email conversation between this gentleman and myself (as we interacted exclusively via email), there would be no need for any further comment from me, much less any for the purpose of challenging allegations of rudeness and even dishonesty on my part. Be that as it may.

Culture Crossroads Inn (CCI) has direct agreements with Expedia.com, Airbnb and Booking.com, called online travel agencies (OTAs), but it appears on numerous other sites through their own affiliations with these three. As all other listed properties, CCI monitors and controls its content on these sites through "back-end" IT applications, edited from the Inn’s own computers. That's how it's done. While quite an infrequent occurrence, in this particular matter, what this guest saw (front-end on an affiliated site) differed from what resided on the Inn’s back-end posting. Specifically, the site accessed by the guest indicated no deposit required, in spite of the fact that our reservation policy, as posted on (and from) our back-end (our control panel), prescribed a 50% deposit to confirm. This has been our policy since inception in 2012, as anyone who has stayed at our Inn could corroborate.

In response to the guest’s informing us of the situation, I first apologized, then explained what our policy is, and always has been. Upon determining that there was in fact an inconsistency between back-end and front-end listings, and pursuant to the guest insisting that we give him a full refund PLUS 10%, I again apologized and indicated our preparedness to issue a full refund of the amount initially charged against his credit card, once the booking was cancelled. At the same time, we rejected the 10% surcharge, firstly on the basis of its legitimacy, but more so on the premise that CCI could not properly be held responsible for any development on a platform, or in an environment, over which it had no control. The guest advised that he had already cancelled the booking, so we immediately processed his refund, and expressed our regret that we were not going to have the privilege of hosting him in July.

While I am not at all surprised that the guest held good to his threat to review us on Trip Advisor, I am quite disappointed by his allegations of rudeness and dishonesty against me, allegations which are substantially and unfortunately deficient in historical accuracy. Culture Crossroads treats with both actual and prospective guests with the highest standards of courtesy and professional ethics. The fact that this view is shared by the vast majority of persons interacting with the Inn is given legitimacy by the complainant's own opening admission of having to "disagree with the other reviewers." I stand vindicated by this. Regards.
Colin Lucas
Owner / Proprietor

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit and once again I am amazed, grateful, pleased, and looking forward to my next time. My transport ran late, which I explained to them and I was allowed to check out late, which I am EXTREMELY thankful for. The staff here are extremely nice, and they do their best to accommodate you. It is such a relaxing and calm atmosphere. Excellent service. Keep up the great work.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
CultureCrossroadsInn, Owner at Culture Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Dee. Let me get this straight . . . This was your second visit??? And you're looking forward to your "NEXT TIME"?? Tell me, Dee, does the term "Sucker for punishment" have any particular significance to you?? Well, does it?? On a serious note, though, thanks for your kind words and recommendation. We are indeed most grateful. The five-bubble rating is also sincerely appreciated. We are elated that you felt comfortable and relaxed and properly catered to at Culture Crossroads, and we look forward to the privilege of hosting you again, as your travel schedule permits. Warmest regards.

Colin and the ENTIRE Crossroads Team

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I spent one night here in the room next to the driveway on the first floor, and noise wasn't a problem. The owner is very hospitable. He offered to drop me to Queen's Savannah on my first day, and when he found out the guests coming to take my room were coming in late, he let me check out late.

The room itself was pretty modern and comfortable - A/C worked great, the shower had enough pressure/heat, and both areas had more than enough space for one or two people to be comfortable. The area around the hotel hosts a lot of embassies so it's pretty quiet and safe, and the Long Circular Mall and the bars/restaurants on Western Main are both just a few minutes away on foot. Overall, it was a pleasant stay in a good location.

The main downsides for me: (1) Wi-Fi had a few different connections, but they all seemed to go in and out so I ended up on data most of the stay; (2) The check-in process was slow - I suggest trying to find ways to make this a little faster. (3) If I had to pick one chief complaint, the breakfast is quite expensive at $20USD, and for that price, consisted of just instant coffee, scrambled eggs, toast and few other dishes. I don't expect a boutique place to offer a lot but $20USD is too pricey.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when in Port of Spain.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
CultureCrossroadsInn, Owner at Culture Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi, Rahul. Thanks for your review. It's pretty much the best guide towards improvement. I'm glad you were generally comfortable while you were with us, and look forward to hosting you again at the earliest opportunity. Re the "downsides" you mentioned: In designing our wifi, we built in four separate channels for redundancy. If, as you indicated, all four were giving trouble, that would have emanated from the service provider, not from our in-house system. While we have had instances of service provider failure, they have been very few and very very far in between. That notwithstanding, I apologize for the inconvenience. If anything like that happens again when you come back, please let us know asap, so that we could make the necessary calls to the service provider.
With regard to the check-in process, we will review with a view to early improvement. Thanks for the observation.
Your final complaint has me a bit stumped, though, as our breakfasts always contain at least two types of bread, various jams / jellies, butter, cheeses, at least three kinds of fresh fruit, two types of cereal, at least two flavours of yogurt, at least two flavours of fruit juice, coffee (normal and decaf), hot chocolate, a variety of teas, at least two selections of pastry / sweet stuff and at least two main course items, in addition to eggs, if required / requested . . ALWAYS!! The breadth of the menu, in addition to the fact that the main courses are caterer supplied, is what results in the US$20.00 cost. I'm at a loss as to what may have contributed to any different perception or experience on your part, but apologize for it anyway.
We thank you again for your feedback, and invite you to allow us, preferably at some time in the near future, the privilege of welcoming you to Culture Crossroads Inn.
Colin and Crossroads Team