“great authentic caribbean”

Canoe Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #76 of 98 Speciality Lodging in Tobago
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Went there for a couple of hours and it is absolutely wonderful lush and green but grass trimmed well and place well kept. The staff I met were helpful and polite. The accommodation looked great and the pool very inviting and immaculate. The general ambiance was very appealing and was only sorry I could not book in there as I was only in Tobago for a few days elsewhere on the island. The beach is great but the sea is very shallow so great for kids unlike many Tobago beaches

Room Tip: All look great and are close to the sea
Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank mike a

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend here in July 2013 (2 weeks ago) for my fiance's birthday. From reading the negative reviews posted, I must say that it has improved a bit. The grounds were landscaped and bushes cut down. The trees and plants were green and in blossom I guess because of the season compared to the pictures in the review. There are still lots of mosquitoes so you have to keep the doors and windows closed especially as early evening approaches. We (family) went for a quiet and relaxing weekend and thats what we got.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 113Archie
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I just got back from Tobago where I was shocked and disgusted with the false advertisement of Canoe Bay Beach Resort. I should have listened to the individuals who were kind enough to leave reviews about this rude staff and the Dump called Canoe Bay Beach Resort. Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website of Canoe Bay, we rented the grounds of this facility for a wedding and the pictures am posting will tell you the anguish I went through when I saw the dump called Canoe Bay Beach Resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
19  Thank AmandaH701
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I took my wife and mother-in-law to look at your beach facilities at Canoe Bay this afternoon (Sunday March 17, 2013) a little after 4:00 pm. After I parked the car, I was accosted by a man sitting with two others who demanded we pay TT$20 per adult even as we were explaining that we were only wishing to assess the facilities for a future visit. He was loud, rude and the most unwelcoming of all the people I had met in my 2 weeks in T&T. I had no way of assessing whether he was there in an official capacity (no entry booth no uniform) or if he was just angry at some previous incident. It really doesn't matter...it doesn't bode well for your facility or any other hospitality business when visitors and potential customers are treated with such disdain.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank BrianJoel
Reviewed 3 September 2012

i visited this resort in July 2012 and it was not what i expected. the place was shabby and bushy, improper lighting, untidy, and unfriendly. People wishing to come to this place hoping that these reviews are wrong, please i beg u, dont book at this location... i BEG u. my family and i thought that despite the reviews the resort will still be nice considering the ads online. trust me, they are far from what they presume to be. as for the room accomodation, the room i stayed in for the one night i deposited (because i was not getting a refund on my deposit) was not bad however certain things they told me the room was equipped with, wasnt there and the staff had no problem what so ever in telling me to find another hotel.
please, save yourself the stress i had to go through. book somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family