“Okay Place, Terrible Service”

Canoe Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #78 of 100 Speciality Lodging in Tobago
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I took a while, contemplating if I should actually make a review.... but I think this is important that this side is heard!

Canoe Bay has a wonderful view, its facilities are okay (can benefit from an upgrade ) if you are looking a simple getaway, however, there is need for great improvement in the area of customer service.

I am still traumatized that I was threatened (they would call police for them to get out of the room), shouted at and given a short space of time of get out of the room that I was in, and for an issue that could have been resolved through healthy communication, I was not even given an opportunity to speak to explain myself for the mixup and not enough time to vacate the room. I must admit there was one worker who really tried to pacify the damage.

Sadly, I may not have the strength to visit the place again, although being a nature lover, the simple prestine view really would forever be etched on my mind!

I pray your experience is much better than mine!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Royalty O

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Great vacation. Ideal surroundings for kids and adults who wants rest and relaxation. peaceful safe beach and warm pool day or night. Staff friendly and efficient. Must have vehicle there are no shops or eating facilities on site or nearby. We love it and will be back the Lord willing.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2016

I stayed here in March 18-20th 2016. I went with a couple and their new baby that are friends of ours, along with my husband and son. This location is not that much off the beaten path but requires you to rent a car to get in and out as taxis may not want to go there. The private road to the resort needs some repair also. The grounds were sprawling and lovely for kids to run around and play. We stayed in a two bedroom/ kitchen/living room/ one bathroom apartment adjoined to two similar others. The apartment was next to the shared pool. The apartment had some old fixtures, but everything worked and was clean. Very ideal for a big family. The pool doesn't close at any specific hour so we could hear loud bathers laughing throughout the night. The property is on the beach which allowed for morning walks and collecting shells, although the water was not typical of Tobago's extremely beautiful clear waters (no one was bathing). Their isn't any food places within walking distance (hence you need to rent a car) to buy groceries to cook or get meals. Close driving proximity to Crown Point for all the buzz activities. Persons not staying at the hotel often pay a small fee to get onto the large compound for picnics or events (keep in mind for when you book) as they use the pool and amenities etc. I never saw any staff members, who I suppose were staying in the small office to the front of the compound (also need a car to get there). At night we could here cars drag racing in the lonely road that leads to the resort. Overall not a bad stay, ideal for a family trip.

Room Tip: Take one of the three apartments close to the pool, closest to beach front and away from road
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Urvashi999
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I spent one week of my August vacation with my family @ Canoe Bay and I must say if you love the best of both worlds (sea/pool) and the ambiance of the natural surroundings, then this getaway is perfect. I recommend if you are a mountain biker bring your bicycle and take a ride through the compound. The view of the sunset caps of the visit with a cold beer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a vehicle, take a room on the ground floor. Easy access.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ricki b
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I visited yesterday looking for a quiet area for my elderly parents to spend their 57 Wedding anniversary. We were greeted with the most unwelcoming faces. When asked to look at the room, the person by the desk stated she cannot leave the computer alone and she cannot show us the rooms. Very unprofessional. My vote.. stay in Sunshine apartments.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family