“Still good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Years later, Ciao cafe retains its value and quality.
The cafe is simple and no frills in decor, but fits the bill for simple sandwiches, desserts and coffee.

Staff is friendly and consistent.
Hausbrandt coffee is served and you must try an alfagato with a shot of this espresso and the home made gelato. Gelato is a refreshing find in Tobago, and you have a sufficient choice of flavours.

We were a little disappointed that the menu board stated panini sandwiches, but what we got was a sandwich on a baguette. We enjoyed the mozarella and cheese, but just expected it to be like a panini - warm, pressed and grilled.

Still a good cafe in town!

2  Thank bonappetit_11

Reviewed 23 April 2016

We had morning coffee here one morning and the lady was very good.
We came back for dinner one evening and there were 3 couples eating, the service was poor, the food was ok.
At the end we gave up on getting desert, coffee or any more to drink as the staff vanished, we ended up going up to collect out bill and paid there for it.
To be honest there did not seem much about to get food so it was OK.

1  Thank wiggy1011
Reviewed 23 April 2016

My wife and I had pizza and gelato here, the pizza was so good we went to dinner two nights in a row, the gelato is very good, the pizza is excellent and very affordable (by Trinidad and Tobago overly expensive standards) with a generous amount of topping, the place is small so you may have a little wait, they do not take reservations, the staff and owners are very friendly and the chef when I was there was an Italian, its a must visit when in Tobago, I prefer it to the other authentic Italian pizza restaurant on the island based on service, taste and price (value for money).

2  Thank Nyron2015
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This ice cream parlour has a lovely selection of unusual flavours of ice cream and is well worth a visit.

2  Thank SurreySully
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Went to ciao's restaurant previously but was so full I didn't get to try the ice-cream! When my parents and brother came out I had to take them there. Really nice atmosphere and well priced. The ice cream is one of the best on the island. I had Nutella but there was all sorts of flavours from wine and raisin to bubblegum! Choices for everyone! Definitely recommend here when it's hot and you need a nice cool ice cream.

2  Thank jwaterman444