“Great relaxation spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to listen to music, hang out at the bar or pool and have a few drinks while your docked from a cruise. Free wifi. After a few drinks you can hang out on the beach and still here the tunes. Great island atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This Margaritaville is largely built into the Grand Turk Cruise Center. So, the experience is really one. We arrived on the Carnival Pride and very much enjoyed our visit.

There's a beach right where the ship docked and it's beautiful. Good swimming and watersports. If you want a lounge chair right near the water, you pay, but if you want one a few rows back, it's free. There are lockers near the FlowRider that are free to use; you just need to ask. And the Margaritaville has a HUGE pool that is really fun and also free. There is a swim-up bar that was a lot of fun (one bit of advice...bring cash, as the credit card machines are a bit slow at the swim-up bar). Chairs by the pool are plentiful if you're there early.

We waited until noon or so and then headed into the actual restaurant for lunch. The menu was typical for a Margaritaville (we have been to almost all of them...). I had the mini blackened shrimp tacos and they were quite tasty. The rest of the family enjoyed their meals as well. My wife and I both ordered take-home glasses filled with beer ... and it turned out they are 20oz glasses, as advertised, but they are filled with one bottle of beer (they don't have draft beer here for some reason...), so you end up with a 20oz glass with 16oz of beer in it ... and they don't tell you on the menu that is the case (or that the price advertised does not include the cost of the beer itself!). This was a bit disappointing, and I feel a bit dishonest, but it is what it is.

All-in-all, a good place to do. If you come here on a cruise ship and don't want to book an excursion but have a relaxing, fun-filled, and easy time, I highly recommend the beach at the cruise center and the pool/bar/restaurant at Margaritaville. Just make sure you know what you're ordering when you order.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stopped here on a Carnival cruise and lucked into Omar as our waiter. He was fantastic!! He even delivered a drink to my husband in the pool! Bring back your blenders to get a discount on your next drink. May be a little on the expensive side and a thousand miles away, but he made it feel like home!!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the morning and Flowrider in the AM, but soon thereafter, an extremely loud and an obnoxious DJ was screaming over the PA system and played only rap and hip hop. Not even some reggae and absolutely NO Jimmy buffet songs. I could not believe it! This Margaritaville became my least favorite and would not recommend to any fellow parrot head. Take a walk up to Jacks Shack instead. This Margaritaville has sold out! Very disappointed!

Margaritaville C, General Manager at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. As the General Manager of Margaritaville Grand Turk, I appreciate reading guest reviews as it gives me the opportunity to improve on these areas for the benefit of future guests. As a result of your review, I have discussed atmosphere expectations and guidelines with my team and will monitor closely to ensure this issue does not come up again. I hope you will give us the opportunity to host you at another Margaritaville Caribbean location.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Over priced drinks, over priced food and over crowded. I expected as much but went to check it out anyway. Stayed for about 15 minutes and then left to hang out on beach. Typical tourist trap.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy your Margaritaville experience. We constantly evaluate our entertainment, offerings and price points in an effort to provide the best experience and value. Thank you for your support of the local economy and culture!