“Fantastic way to end our trip!”

Coconut grove restaurant and lounge
Ranked #14 of 146 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Good times with Good people Just two (2) minutes away from the Providenciales international airport, discover the "locals Downtown at Coconut Grove Restaurant and Lounge. Opened on February 4th, the restaurant serves delicious local cuisine made the authentic Turks and Caicos way. Diners can also grab a drink and relax poolside at the chill lounge or opt for some friendly fun in the game room, pool tables, dominoes, darts and favorite sports game.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

On our way to the airport we stopped for a quick bite. We did plan to eat here as I figured it would be a good choice close to the airport, plus I wanted to pick up some last minute jewelry! We were there for lunch and the place was empty. We did mention that we were in a bit of a hurry and that was no problem. The waitress was extremely friendly! The plantains were incredible! I had a cheeseburger, which was cooked perfect! My son had a burger as well and for the life of me can not remember what my husband had, but he was happy with it. We got our check and headed out. Unfortunately, the jewelry store was not open and they called Wellington but we did not have the time to wait. I did find his pieces at the airport though! It was a great last meal on the Island! We would return if or when we return to Provo.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after seeing a brochure in the house we're staying. Found out it was started by two entrepreneurs and wanted to give it a try.
Greeted by a friendly waitress and brought a complimentary dish of fried plantain chips and mango salsa. Delicious!
Husband had the jerk chicken which was delicious and kids and I had tried each kind of their tacos. Also very good. My son raved about the coconut crusted corn side he ordered. Took a little while for the food to come, but are aware we are on island time.
The co-owners came out to us individually and spoke with us which was really special. It is a nice atmosphere inside the courtyard.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We've visted Provo many times and first met Wellington, the owner, at West Bay Club...the most amazing resort on the island! A couple years ago, Wellington left to start making jewelry and run this restaurant. The food was amazing! I had the jerk chicken and fried plantains and honestly, the jerk chicken was the best I've ever had. So many times its so full of spices you can't taste anything but this was a perfect blend of spicy and flavor. My husband had shrimp tacos and really enjoyed them as well. This is definitely off the main strip but is so worth the adventure! As an added bonus, Wellington's jewelry store is on site. He truly makes the most beautiful and memorable pieces. You can buy them downtown in the boutiques but if you make the journey to Wellington's store, you'll get to see where the jewelry is made and that is quite an experience. Coconut Grove is close enough to the airport that if you wanted to grab a quick meal on your way out, you definitely could. Take the time to venture over to Coconut Grove. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank wintertraveler2005
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Coconut Grove is a great place to have lunch. We spent the day out and about and stopped here for lunch. Spent some time with Wellington shooting pool and swimming in their pool while waiting for lunch. We had the fried chicken sandwich, cheeseburger, fish and chicken tacos, and a jerk chicken dish. I also had the coconut corn on the cob! So,so good. Everything was really good. My favorite is the homemade plantain chips with pineapple salsa as a munchie before lunch mmm. After lunch, go upstairs and shop Wellingtons Collection. Great to see you Wellington!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We saw Coconut Grove when we were exiting the airport. We asked a local about it, but she had not tried it. While we were enjoying a day at The beach, Wellington came passing out menu's inviting us to his restaurant.

On our last day, before our flight, we decided to try Coconut Grove. It was a great find. Wellington says they have everything! The kids wanted chicken tenders, which weren't on the menu- bam! He had them and they weren't the frozen type. My 16yr old son ordered fish (I think snapper) thinking it would be a filet- nope, it was the entire fish. Wellington came out and showed him how to eat it like the "locals."
My son was very impressed with his meal!
My daughter saw a bracelet at Grace Bay she liked. She put it together that it was Wellingtons collection. He opened his store for her to purchase the bracelet and gave her a discount since we ate at the restaurant.

We will visit again!