“Paradise Found”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, Illinois
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend and it was one of the best trips. I heard that the Gansevoort was one of the "hippest" places and it did not dissapoint. The service was first class, the food was absolutely delicious and our room was amazing! I can't wait to go back and experience another weekend of heaven. This was a 5 plus resort on all fronts.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend in January. I was super excited about staying here because it was in my eyes, supposed to be a relaxing five star experience. I booked a suite via a third party website, so of course all of the money was taken immediately at checkout on the website. When we arrived, the property supervisor/manager gave us a tour of the property and took us to our room, to my disappointment it was not a suite. She told me that they were overbooked and didn't have any suites available. I was not pleased but i didn't give her a hard time. She compensated by offering us dinner and massages with facials. And they also refunded the difference between the suite and the oceanfront room that they gave us.

I set up reservations for dinner that evening and when we got there, they told me that there weren't any tables inside of the restaurant only outside. I did not want outside nor did i request outside. The host told me if id like to wait at the bar until a table was available. We made reservations and was on time, yet was being told all they had was outside. Ok, a table became available inside and we ate. I would say the restaurant isn't bad but the food isn't the best I've had. We didn't have dinner there anymore for the rest of the trip. The waitress was very nice.
The restaurant turned into a friday night lounge/dance. It was cute. I enjoyed watching others dance and have a good time. DJ played top 40.

The next day i set up with concierge for massages and facials because this is what the property manager offered for the discrepancy with the room. When I spoke with her she told me that i needed to pick one or the other. I was not happy with that either because she told me that i could have both. She eventually called the room and said that the hotel would cover both. I then was happy again.

As a suggestion i think that they could have a better breakfast. All of the breakfast meats were pork products. I wish there was turkey bacon or chicken sausage. My boyfriend wasn't happy with breakfast at all. I did like that i could get an egg white omelet.

We had dinner one night at Coyaba and we both enjoyed that restaurant. My BF said the steak was excellent. I got the fried snapper that was prepared thai styled. It was delish.

On the day that we were leaving, I think the power went out in the hotel. The toilet, sink, and shower were producing brown water. Thank God I wasn't in the shower when that water was coming out. Im assuming the water pump had something to do with that because the power went out for a little.

On the beach the staff there were very accommodating. I don't know if it was because at the time i appeared to be a single woman and most of the staff there were men. But nonetheless i appreciated the attentive staff, lol.

Overall, the hotel is beautiful and the island is a great oasis. Would i stay here again, yes because i do believe the hotel has the potential to providing guests with a flawless stay. I just happened to catch them on a bad day.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NoorBella
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I spent a week here in March 2012. The Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales beach is consistently ranked #1-2 in the world and it didn't let us down. My God -- incredible!!

Overall, I'd rate the resort 5+ in all areas, with a little less than that on the service front. The service issues probably wouldn't bother some, but I'm picky as a function of price (para-sailing appointment was fouled up; concierge seemed preoccupied with personal phone conversation; room didn't get cleaned until 4P one day - 5P is their deadline, restaurant server didn't explain the breakfast set-up to us on our first day as she thought "we looked familiar and had been there," bell-hop was late for pre-scheduled luggage pickup, checkout folks were unusually focused on holding up my taxi to the airport so I could sign a statement showing I had run up $6 of local phone calls since I had checked out earlier that morning -- after spending 5k there!, the closing comment of the bell hop was "well, I guess you need to go back to reality now" -- not exactly what we wanted to hear ... I had expected something along the lines of "we hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon").

IN CONTRAST, the pool, beach, spa, and gift shop workers were all VERY GREAT (5++ stars).

Most likely we will return, but may shop around a bit.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have incredible views, best from higher floors; Pool front rooms are in buildings a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RickR1970
ny
Reviewed 20 March 2012

It's an immaculate, modern hotel - right on a beautiful spot on the beach. That said - it's not for everyone:

Pros-BEAUTIFUL rooms, generous space, gorgeous design, delicious food, Exhale Spa on site with core fusion classes (at addl. cost), beautifully designed outdoor area, amazing buffet breakfast, direct short flights

Cons - very small resort, not ideal for kids (they are nice to them - there is simply very little to do once you've seen the full property), VERY pricey for food - beyond PREMIUM (perhaps most expensive menus I've seen other than 1st class in NYC), an UNHEATED pool, small gym facility (nice but small), and the rooms are clean but they need to mop the floors more regularly

Overall, if I were coming to Turks + Caicos again, this is definitely where I would stay. But, the island has a major drawback - taxis are $40-60 for a ride of ANY duration so you have to add that X2 to any experience dining out. The island is spectacularly beautiful but tiny with very few attractions. And meals are ridiculously expensive - beyond beyond. I like the Gansevoort but am not convinced this is an island I would revisit.

Did I mention the pool was not heated? This really was bothersome to many guests considering the island an get quite windy.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite - includes in-room kitchen and terrace - very spacious. Corner suite 2nd floor and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank citimomma
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My partner and I recently traveled to Turks and Caicos and enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Gansevoort. The service we received from the time we booked until the time we left was outstanding. We do not care to ride in a taxi with seven or eight other people from the airport. So, I contacted the hotel concierge, Daphny, who graciously arranged for us to be picked up by Williams VIP service. We were met at the airport by a representative of Williams VIP, who drove the two of us, privately, in acy Chevy Suburban to the hotel. We were greeted with at the hotel with a refreshing glass of punch and check in was a breeze. The rooms are very spacious and accommodating. We rented a beach bed for two of the days we were there. The guys working on the beach came by every fifteen minutes or so to see if we needed anything. We took a short ride over to Taylor Bay beach and spent the day there. Afterward, we headed over to Las Brisas and ate a late lunch overlooking the beautiful Chalk Sound. Turks and Caicos is beautiful and has become one of our favorite vacations destinations and we will definitely be visiting Hotel Gansevoort again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple