“Lovely Family Friendly Resort”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here in mid March 2012 for 4 nights. We did the stay 4, pay 3 and we thought it was a good value relative to other upscale resorts on the island. We booked a garden view 1-bedroom, but were put into an ocean view junior suite, which was nice but we were on the ground floor and because of the trees/shrubbery, we could only see small sections of the ocean and lot of the pool. Rooms are lovely and comfortable. Bathrooms are big and luxurious. The nice thing is that the house keeping staff will do all of your dishes for you, which we did not expect. They do a very thorough job of cleaning, sweeping the floors every day and turning down the beds...really good attention-to-detail. Check-in service was very smooth, we sat on couches and all the paperwork was brought to us along with some sort of refreshing fruit punch. We ate at the beachside restaurant for lunch once, the food was very good but not great, which was as expected. Breakfast was included, it was a small buffet of fresh fruit, pastries, and cereals. Nothing special, but it did the job. Service at the restaurant was lacking, in my opinion. Waiters were not terribly engaged and we had to flag one down every time we needed something. We also checked out the spa, and again, nothing special. Standard quality facials.

One thing to note is that the resort is very big, and the pool and beach areas were crowded and noisy with families. If you are looking for a couples getaway on a secluded beach, this is not the right place to go to. I think we went during spring vacation, so there are a lot of children running around. Its a very family friendly resort, which I suppose will appeal to my husband and I eventually, but for this trip, we found it a distraction. As a result, we did a lot of exploring around the island, so we were able to find completely deserted beaches with good snorkeling, but you will not find that if you stay at the resort the whole time. Again, this is not to say that it was a bad experience. We enjoyed staying at the resort, but I just want to point it out for couples looking for a romantic and quiet getaway.

Overall, a very good resort, but didn't quite fit the bill for us. We probably should have done a little more research.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jesslin114

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just returned from Seven Stars. Stayed 6 days/5 nights with my two kids (ages 10 and 13)...Husband had to stay home and work (his loss!). I really have nothing negative to say about our stay. Staff was wonderful, friendly, and helpful. Continental breakfast was great add. Best thing was location - very close to grocery store so were able to buy lunch stuff. Just be prepared for sticker shock! $10 for small container of hummus, $10 for small package of grapes, etc...we saved our money for dinner and ate at Hemingways (30 min walk down beach) each night. Really wonderful time!

6  Thank hevans9040
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My mom and I had a wonderful stay. We had a 1-bedroom garden view suite and it was perfect. I slept in the "living room" by asking the staff to make-up the fold-out sofa bed into a queen bed. My mom slept on the queen bed. The sofa bed was made up before I got there and it was really comfortable. WE EACH HAD OUR OWN BATHROOM. Sorry, I had to put that in caps because it's just so wonderful. A must have on a mother-daughter trip, in my opinion. The check-in took approximately 5 minutes (and we got there early). Staff cleaned often and very well. Everyone at the hotel always smiled, said hello, and how are we enjoying our stay? The service at the restaurants is quick! The food is great! The spa massage.....Holy WOW! I have nothing bad to say about this resort. The people work very, very hard and they are very friendly. This is the only place where I felt that people weren't working just for a tip. And I did leave tips, I always do. In the restaurants in the hotels, the tips are already included in your bill. I asked the waitress what the "service charge" was and she said that that goes out to the waiters. I left a couple dollars on top because the service was that good! Ben at seven makes a mean cocktail. Too bad he said he may be leaving soon :(

Great beach. The water was wonderful to swim in. I love swimming, so I went at least three times a day, and once even at night. Very calm, lovely, warm ocean.

Giving this review 4 stars because I couldn't hang out by the pool due to the multitude of screaming children. Resort should consider a day-care for kiddies under 10 and maybe a separate activities pool.

I looked at all the other hotels and Seven Stars is probably the best on the island for the affordable price. The property is covered in flowers, palm trees, and other greenery. The grounds are immaculate. It really is paradise on earth. I am considering going next year :)

Room Tip: The 1-bedroom garden view suite has two bathrooms and living room can be converted to bedroom. Very...
1  Thank Kitty1938
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel room exceeded my expectations as the rooms were very nice and well furnished. The beach is pristine and not quite as crowded as down by the Beaches Resort. The food at the hotel's restuarants are overpriced but very good and the Wednesday night lobster and fish grill is worth the $50.
Sometimes the service at breakfast was inconsistent but nothing terrible. About the only real complaint is that all of the chairs by the pool were "saved by 8am making it difficult to sit poolside. Since I am more a beach person this was not a big ordeal. They do stock your room with free bottled water which is a nice gesture since a soda costs $5 at any of the bars/restaurants.
If I return to the Turks and Caicos I would most likely stay at the Seven Stars again.

Room Tip: all roooms seem nice
1  Thank Mgopsu
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I got back from Seven Stars for 6 days with my Mother and Father. The rooms are clean, airy, and big, and you are constantly being taken care of. The people the work at Seven Stars are the nicest and most welcoming people ever and the local people and drivers are also extremely nice. Everyone is always happy. The Hotel is right on the water. There is a shack on the sand that will book activities such as tubing and parasailing or you could just take a kayak or stand up paddle board. The sand on the beach is like powder and the water is like light blue glass. I was able to see my feet through it. The pool is big and a great temperature. It is very well designed and on top of that, it is saltwater. The location is amazing, you are right in the middle of everything. The one problem is that the island is a little on the pricey side. Overall, this hotel is like paradise.

4  Thank action24