“Wonderful Place To Stay”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We have stayed at the Seven Stars twice and loved each time. The staff is warm and extremly friendly - always on hand to help you out. Everything was so peaceful and relaxing - the way a vacation should be.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2010

A holiday has never started so poorly and ended so well.

First, we had an issue with the airport pickup, an overcharged bill for our first meal at the restaurant and a inexplicably noisy neighbour. This wasn't helped by some incredibly bad luck with the weather, with the sun not appearing for 4 straight days. We expressed our grievances to the management, and in addition to sending us a bottle of champage, thanks to the neighbour, we received an upgrade, to one of the 2 bedroom ocean view rooms.

Now the good part. As soon as we moved our view of the resort (and the beach) changed immediately. What a difference a room can make! It was huge, with the most amazing furniture and fittings I've seen since I visited the Chiva Som. Everything from the bed to the decorations were so perfect, I could live in this place. When the weather improved I can understand why this place was voted so highly, winning awards. The colour of the water and the beach in general is mesmerising.

It should be noted that the resort was surprisingly quiet, which I guess is a sign that the economic downturn is still hitting high end resorts quite hard. Despite this the staff were overtly and genuinely friendly and attentive.

Overall, I would say we were unlucky to have gone through our early experience, but would highly recommend the resort for a quiet getaway. It would have been a 5* review if not for the prices, which are a little stretched.

If you decide to stay, you absolutely must stay in the ocean view rooms, there is absolutely no comparison.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank StephanPL
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I visited the Seven Stars resort with my husband. At first glance, the resort is beautiful. We were greeted by a friendly concierge and walked to our room, which was also gorgeous. However, our room was connected to a larger suite. The walls are paper thin and we were awoken every morning at 6:30 when the people next door woke up to start their day. They were not being loud, however, it sounded as though they were in our room with us. This issue lasted the entire week. In addition, we were extremely disappointed with the service. The concierge assured us she made dinner reservations each night, but when we arrived at the restaurant they had no idea we were coming. The concierge also told us she would take care of numerous things for us, and did nothing she promised. We made the mistake of eating dinner at the hotel restaurant one evening. What a mistake! Again, the service was horrific. No one even came to our table to ask if we wanted a drink for 25 minutes. They forgot what we ordered, brought out the wrong meal. and had no idea how to serve. I would STRONGLY recommend not staying here, walk down the beach and stay at the Regent Palms instead! It's even more beautiful and the service was MUCH better.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jaimebeth22
Reviewed 3 January 2010

It was very difficult to plan a trip somewhere that we've never been to and choose a hotel from a website, as almost anywhere can look nice on the internet, but this hotel did not disappoint! We were looking for somewhere to get away from it all, and this is it! We didn't want to go anywhere or do anything, we just wanted to go to the beach and relax, and that's what we did! If you're looking for action or entertainment, this is not the place. We were very surprised at how early the bar by the beach (The Deck) closed. There was a bar at the pool that stayed open a little later, but this place shut down pretty early. My husband went to the casino one night and came home quickly. I guess it was pretty small and kind of pathetic. It's really not what this island is about. It's about relaxing!
We had a 2 bedroom suite with ocean view (Maia building) which I am ready to move into! It was more like a home than a hotel. We thought it was going to have 2 bedrooms but it was actually 2 hotel rooms! (the door between would normally be locked if you had one room.) It was perfect for our boys to have the back bedroom /bathroom so we could have the room with the view! (their room even had a mini kitchen!) The main room had a full kitchen which was wonderful, and a washer and dryer in the front hall closet which we used a lot! We really made ourselves at home, which is a great feeling! We walked to the Graceway Market about a block away and bought breakfast items, snacks and drinks so we didn't have to go out for every meal. That was very convenient.
I read other comments about how previous guests had to make multiple requests before "getting things done" which is true. My husband got a SIMS card for his cell phone. The front desk had to add the mintues to it, which took DAYS and multiple requests. We also asked for assistance in making reservations at local restaurants and had to make many calls to get answers from anyone. While it is frustrating, I believe it is the mentality of the islanders. They are very pleasant to your face and say, "let me know what I can assist you with" and say "no problem" when you make a request, but they don't have the same customer service skills we're accustomed to in the US. They don't follow up and you basically have to stalk them to get answers. Even though this can be frustrating, we got use to it quickly, learned to make our own arrangements and really, when you're in such a beautiful place it's hard to worry about those small details!
We ate by the pool many times. Small menu but good food! We never went to La Pergola but heard very good things about it.
My husband and I both got massages at the spa. My massage was one of the best I've ever had! I wish I would have spent more time at the spa!
My husband used the fitness center and said the temp was way too warm, they needed to crank up the AC. The water tank was also empty one day and there weren't any towels either. Good equipment though and not many other people in there.
I would highly recommend getting dinner reservations prior to your trip if you're going during the busy season. While we did get many reservations the day of, it would save the headache of trying to GET the reservation! (the restaurants that are only open for dinner don't seem to answer their phones during the day to take reservations, so you're waiting until after 5pm to find out if you can get in!) Here's where we went:

Parallel 23-Went there on a very rainy night so it looked nothing like the beautiful patio pictures we saw in magazines. Good food. Not phenominal, but good. There seemed to be a lot of hype about it but we weren't overly impressed.
Coco Bistro-Couldn't get in. It also gets rave reviews, so I would recommend getting a reservation way ahead of time.
Baci-very small and very casual, but good pizza and pasta. Good place to go with kids!
Mango Reef- Went there for lunch. It was very casual and had great food for the price and a very large menu. We actually got the best service here. We were seated quickly, served quickly and pleasantly, and received our check quickly which is RARE! At other restaurants we were often asking other waiters for our check. It was like once your food came they forgot about you. Also, Mango Reef was the only restaurant where the waiter didn't have to write down our order because he memorized it, and we didn't have to point to the item on the menu. (many waiters at other restaurants weren't even familiar with their own menus so you had to point to it!)
Yoshis-Very small restaurant! Went there for the sushi which was ok, but not great. There were other dishes on the menu that were better. (like the teriyaki chicken)

This really was a lovely hotel and I don't think we would have gotten any better service at another hotel on the island. It is beautiful and the grounds are immaculate. The beach is the most beautiful I've ever seen. We are talking about making this a Christmas tradition with our family and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2010

1.. Arrival Day- D-.. three guests reservation with a room to fit two guests-took all after noon to end up with no change. Reservations gets a d minus from me.
2. employees with exception of reservations lady ,extraordinarily warm and polite- A+ ( they are well trained)
3. Room 1st rate and I am picky with rooms A+ house keeping A + (but I tipped heavy every day.)
4. Food good but expensive.
5. workers so nice and so tired- you can see it in their eyes. They get ZERO days off or maybe one day in high season.
6. Beach is the best with ample water toys- nicest beach men from India. must tip.
7. Joanne from management was outstanding - took my daughter to the doctor.
8. Did I mention the workers need a day off?
9. This resort has a good management team in place. Owen is running a tight ship with his assistent Gerry. -very hands on -they also need a day off.I wish them a good season but they need to give their people some time to refuel . Where are the labor laws? I don't buy the argument they want to work such a stretch because it is slow in off season. THEY DON"T. Owen need to read Buffet's new book.
10. I recommend this property, might go back. Hopefully next time I will get a bigger space. If you stay here you will be happy. A+. However the hidden costs such as service fees per night etc is a little tacky .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family