“Excellent Resort”

The Buccaneer St Croix
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great views, great accommodations, great breakfast buffet and very good service. Next time I am in St. Croix certainly I will consider go back to The Buccanneer. This hotel made an excellent mix of the natural ambiance with colonial architecture.

Room Tip: Some people don't like to walk so ask to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Velbet
Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m working on St. Croix for hurricane relief. After 4 months of working 100+ hrs a week, I just wanted a relaxing pedicure. Well, apparently that’s too much to ask for because I waited 45 minutes and the one lady who does pedicaures never showed up. Then the manager made me wait to come talk to me and she never showed up! The most unprofessional experience of my life. I will tell everyone not to come here. I wish I could give negative circles.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
9  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived we were treated especially well. My room had been upgraded to an ocean view which was great. The grounds are beautiful although there's quite a bit of walking up and down hills. The beaches are pretty and not over-crowded. The Terrace restaurant is excellent and tries exceptionally hard to please. Ask for a waitress named Pat, she's terrific!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank artbacis
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We were there one time for breakfast and one time for dinner.
The breakfast was buffet style, fixed priced,and the food was average quality. For dinner, we had to wait more than 1 hour even the restaurant was not full, the service was pretty slow that evening. Food was good, better quality than breakfast one, but still pretty expensive compared the the other options on the island. The atmosphere is nice though, with live music and nice view.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Florinhim
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We had an outstanding stay at the Buccaneer hotel. Our room was terrific - on the water so we could enjoy sunrise, sunsets and many rainbows. The staff were wonderful, remembered us at breakfast, took care of us for all questions, tours, assistance, and made us feel very welcome and valued. The staff went out of their way to make sure out stay was wonderful and memorable. This was our first trip to St Croix - and it will not be our last. WE will return and stay at the Buccaneer. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
2.3 km away
21.9 km away
The Inn on Strand Street
The Inn on Strand Street
#2 of 2 in Frederiksted

Been to The Buccaneer St Croix? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Buccaneer St Croix

Address: 5007 Shoys, Christiansted 00820-4536, St. Croix
Region: Caribbean > U.S. Virgin Islands > St. Croix > Christiansted
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet (WiFi) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Christiansted
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Christiansted
#2 Family Hotel in Christiansted
#2 Romantic Hotel in Christiansted
Price Range: $416 - $744 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Buccaneer St Croix 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Buccaneer St Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel Christiansted