“Crucian Gold "Feel the Love" store absolutely the best for wonderful hand make authentic jewelry”
Review of Crucian Gold

Crucian Gold
Ranked #2 of 15 Shopping in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Crucian Gold is the studio of the Bishop family of artisans and metalsmiths, Brian, Ben, Therese and Nathan. Together they design and create original pieces in gold, silver, copper, and local materials of their island home of St.Croix, VI. Brian grew up sailing and diving in the waters of St. Croix. He first started tying sailing knots in precious metals as a hobby in the 1970's, selling his first jewelry pieces from a handmade mahogany box he carried with him to display and share his budding passion.Now, Nathan and Therese can be found in Crucian Gold on Strand street creating new designs inspired by the history, people, and natural environment of St. Croix. All of the materials they work with come from recycled and eco-friendly sources. FEEL THE LOVE!!
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This was our third annal trip to Crucian Gold as I loved the simple yet elegant bracelets. We went on a Sunday to visit the store and I could not make up my mind between three bracelets so we left. I did think about it most of the evening and decided on which one. We drove back from Fredericksburg to Christiansted the next day which turned out to be a Holiday for the whole town. We were to be leaving the area on Tuesday. I was disappointed so I called and talked to the owners wife who was so gracious and understanding. She did get in touch with her husband who then called me. Not only did Nathan take time to come over and open the store just for us but also came in the pouring rain!! I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and extra time on your day off.
We make a trip to St Croix every year and I know that every year we will always stop at Crucian Gold. You are missing the best if you do not stop here.

CrucianGold, Owner at Crucian Gold, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Wow! thank you for the lovely review!
As a small family business we try our best to accommodate all of our customers. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to review us and we happily welcome you back on your next visits. All the best!

Therese and Nathan

in 19 reviews
"bangles"
"ship"

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Loved the tour. Lots of fun information and a shout out to Darnell, our tour guide, who made the tour EXTRA fun. It's a good tour for all ages, even children but more interesting for people old enough to enjoy the samples and complimentary drinks at the end.

CrucianGold, Manager at Crucian Gold, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi There! so glad you had a great time at Cruzan Rum factory.
Hope to see you back on St. Croix!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I was interested in Crucian Gold jewelry, which I had discovered on the internet while checking out places to shop during our Caribbean cruise. Then I discovered they were closed on Sundays, which was the day our ship would be in port. I emailed the owner and explained my problem and he offered to open the store on the day the ship was in port. It was a miserable, rainy day and we did not make it to Strand Street until late in the day, but the store was open, just for us. I was overwhelmed by the courteous service and the wonderful variety of designs typical of Island life, history and culture. All beautifullty handcrafted of gold and silver.What wonderful souvenirs of our trip! A trip to this store is a must! Prepare to pay for quality, but not at exorbitant tourist trap prices, the prices are reasonable for the quality of the product. There is a great variety, from reasonably priced earrings and pendants to beautiful, specialty woven gold bangle bracelets. I was in love with the Turkshead woven rings. I was looking for a replacement of my wedding band, which had been stolen. I found exactly what I wanted. I cant thank them enough for staying open for me.

CrucianGold, Manager at Crucian Gold, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hello and thank you so much for the warm review!
We do our best as a small family shop to offer courteous and individualized service and attention. Nathan, our head jeweler, was probably who helped you out that day. The Art and love for jewelry making shows in our pieces and I'm glad you got to meet the artist behind the designs.
His father, Brian was the founder of Crucian Gold and the Turkshead is his specialty which he still weaves by hand from a single strand of gold or silver wire.
Good to know you got into town and were able to get a very special memento of our trip. Hope you can stop in again!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Loved this store. Lots & lots of great products. Family run for decades & decades. Very nice people & helpful. Good prices too. I got a hammered silver gold bracelet with a Crucian knot. Just shy of $100. Great buy!

I also saw a bracelet that I liked with their local Chaney pottery on it but they didn't have any in my size that I liked the color. They were nice enough to let me pick out a piece of Chaney & they made a bracelet for me. Only $100. Another great deal. And high quality.

Was glad we went in this store.

CrucianGold, Manager at Crucian Gold, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Heelo Roxanne,
Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the feedback.
We are always happy to help customers have a unique and pleasant shopping experience.
Feel free to stop in on your next trip and get your jewelry polished for free :)
Best