“Amazing First Horseback Riding”
Review of Equus Rides

Equus Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Equus Rides offers a unique horseback riding experience on St. Croix's magnificent north shore. Join The Cane Bay Cowboy, Stephen O'Dea. Ride trails to hilltops with breath taking views. Mosey or canter along a beautiful beach. Finally, experience the ultimate... A swim in the Caribbean Sea on horseback! Equus Rides caters to riders of all levels. We also have horses available for private parties and wedding ceremonies. Happy Trails!
Reviewed 10 January 2018

My first time horseback riding was wonderful! I had a lot of concerns about horseback riding but Kathryn and Steve are very kind and friendly enough as they took very good care and made me comfortable on the horseback. Riding in the sea exceeded my expectations and was fun. The horses are easy to control and friendly. Worry-free for first time horseback riding.

1  Thank Udomdej P
in 15 reviews
"amazing pictures"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The woman who led our ride was fantastic. She was prepared with bug spray, which she so graciously shared. The horses where sweet, and their personalities were so fun. Our guide shared local information with us and showed us some amazing sights. Being a less experienced rider, she led me for a while, then let me steer on my own. Very fun experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience riding in St. Croix. The horses are well cared for and Steve and Kathryn are some of the most genuine, sincere people you will ever meet. Riding in the ocean has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, and I finally was able to make that dream come true! It was a truly incredible experience riding along the paths to the sugar mill, on the beach, and the riding in the actual Caribbean was amazing!!! We have horses of our own and I have always been a skeptic of horseback riding excursions because of how I fear some horses are treated. Rest assured, Steve and Kathryn treat their horses well and truly love what they do. This experience is one that I will never forget. Thank you, Steve and Kathryn, for the opportunity and for being the wonderful people you are! This is one of the best experiences ever!

1  Thank runNfun
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Cowboy Steve really exceeded our expectations and he is so much more than what you might think. He is so genuine and caring and really took care of our group and they are still taking about cowboy Steve! The ride itself is amazing and what you learn from Cowboy about the island and nature is just as informative and worth the price. I cannot remember meeting such a nice and caring gentleman as Cowboy Steve. Both Chance and Ursula were touched by his hospitality and acts of kindness! Thank you so much! Randy Brunnemann

1  Thank rslaughter
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Cowboys Steve led us on a beautiful tour and made sure that we all had fun and we learned a lot about the local nature in St. Croix. Cowboy Steve is friendly and knowledgeable and made everyone feel comfortable on his horses and really made our group feel welcome and a part of his family. The horses were great to ride and were able to keep up with various abilities. Next time we are on St. Croix we would love to ride with cowboy Steve again!