“So love Duffy's!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This little shack in the middle of a parking lot is a quintessential St Thomas hangout! You'll love it! They make everything an event! You must order the volcano. When they serve it, the beginning piece of Jaws starts playing, bubbles start coming out of the ceiling bubble machine, strobe lights come on, and they play the Jimmy Buffett volcano song. Plus, it comes with little plastic sharks, fish and squids in it. They just know how to have fun. Lots of locals hang out there and you get a real feel for the island. We go there everytime we visit St. Thomas. We had lunch there as well and it was cheap eats. Remember to ask to get lei'd at Duffy's! :)

1  Thank H2sMom
Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous little shack in a parking lot! Great drinks- wonderful atmosphere and fun people! Definitely a must do in Red Hook!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I'm now watching House Hunters International and the show is featuring Liz Duffy -- the owner of Duffy's Love Shack. I immediately came here to write about my experience at her Red Hook party place.

My wife and I frequented Duffy's Love Shack several times during our stay on St. Thomas. It was always great fun . . . until one day when we dropped by in the late afternoon (it was not night-time yet). It wasn't busy yet, and we enjoyed a more laid-back Duffy experience.

We decided to go home and clean up, then come back later, after the action picked up a bit. But as we were leaving, we found our car blocked by another car. The most salient point about the situation was that the parking lot was, otherwise, virtually empty. There was no need for that car to be blocking us in.

The offending car was a mini Jeep-like vehicle (a Suzuki?). I got in, put it in neutral and began pushing it out of the way. Just
then, a woman came out from Duffy's back door and got all indignant that I presumed to enter and move her car. I assumed she was the manager, so I didn't want to offend her. I explained that we were attempting to leave but were hemmed in by her vehicle.

But she would have none of it. I pointed out that she had her choice of parking spaces and that there was no reason to block in my car in the first place. Things were going south fast and it became clear that the real point was that she was the boss and could do as she pleased. The animosity from her was unsettling. What was her problem?

She parked her car in the adjacent space and my wife and I left, wondering what the hell just happened.

A few hours !ater, we came back. The evening crowd was just beginning to pick up but there were still plenty of tables free. We sat at one of them, near the bar, and waited for service. That's when we saw the unpleasant woman we met earlier appear behind the bar.

It soon became apparent that the wait staff had been instructed no to serve us. They avoided us and would not even look at us.

We left and never came back.

That was the last I ever saw of her until tonight, when I saw her on T.V.

If you go to Duffy's Love Shack, you'll probably have a fantastic night. The drinks are great and the food is okay. The atmosphere is full-tilt party time.

Just be sure not to park too close to the back door.

1  Thank BusterFaith
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Great food, drinks & music! FuN, friendly bartenders and servers!
It's a must stop if you go to St Thomas!
Try a Mellow marlin & some conch fritters ...

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Sat in Duffy’s on a Sunday while waiting to head to the airport. Enjoyed a Duffy’s style painkiller ( second best to soggy dollar). Menu looked fabulous, but we didn’t have time to eat. Bartender was nice and super friendly, will definitely return!