“Beautiful view and delicious meal”
Review of Mafolie Restaurant

Mafolie Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 277 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from our trip to St Thomas. On our last night on the Island we ate at Mafolie and it did not disappoint. The view was incredible. My husband got the wahoo special and I got the Caribbean lobster for our main dishes and they were fantastic. The Kalaloo soup is a must. The dessert was delicious as well. I would recommend Mafolie for a fancier dinner.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My wife and I went here for our special honeymoon dinner out (we cooked every other night). This restaurant has it all... excellent food, great service, live music and a great view. I got the whole friend fish (Snapper) and my wife got the Caribbean lobster. Paired with some pina coladas and straight rum, this was the best dinner we had during our stay. You won't regret eating here. The hotel looks cute too!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We made reservations for eight at 6:30 PM. We arrived about 10 minutes early and our table was already set up. The food was great and view was spectacular. I really like the open-air seating, which reminded me much of Room with a View at Bluebeards 40 years ago. We started off with the conch fritters, which were excellent. My wife ordered the coconut crusted snapper, which was a little sweet for my taste, but I love plain fish with only butter and lemon, so it depends on your taste. I had the Caribbean lobster, which I think was the best lobster that I have ever eaten. I ordered the regular lobster, but they only had the large, so they gave it to me at the same price. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. This is not a fast food restaurant, so enjoy the view, the entertainment and whoever accompanies you while some great food is prepared. There was live entertainment provided by a guitarist who played music from the 50's to 70's. He was located near our table and it was a little loud for my liking, but my guitar playing friend thought it was amazing. I had hoped to return for breakfast, but was unable to coordinate it with our friends. Oh well, maybe next time. While this is listed as a fine dining restaurant, you do not need to dress up to feel comfortable. In fact, most people were dressed casually. I wore shorts and sandals.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for our final dinner on St. Thomas and had a great meal. We started with the seafood kallaloo and conch fritters, then I had the whole fried snapper and she had the tuna, and we both pretty much cleaned every plate. The only negative was that we happened to walk in when there was no host/waiter around, so we stood by the entrance awkwardly for a couple minutes waiting to be seated, but once we were seated our waitress was very attentive. Because of that I'd say it was more like a 4.5/5, but I decided to round up because everything else was so good.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Our local guide recommended this restaurant for the view and the food. Even with a limited menu, there were plenty of choices on the menu. Conch fritters were delicious and the whole meal was great!